Why would my audio lag behind video when using my sound bar/system with Xbox?

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So here's my situation:

I just bought a new TV, a new Xbox One X (upgrading from the One), and a new sound bar along with a sub and two satellite speaker (first ever sound system).

-When using the TV's speakers, the sound and audio from my Xbox One X and One are perfectly synced.

-When using my sound bar speakers, the sound is about a second or so behind the video on my Xbox One X and One. I tried with both just to test that it wasn't the X.

-However, when using the sound bar speakers for anything that is built into the smart TV (YouTube for example), the sound and video are synced perfectly.

Quite obviously, it has to do with a delay from my any external HDMI source to the sound bar. I have tried connecting the sound bar any way I could (HDMI, Optical, etc), and that doesn't make a difference.

I know this isn't exactly an Xbox question, but has anyone experienced this when using external speakers? Is it an issue with the sound bar? The TV? Does anyone have any suggestions? I really appreciate any help in this!

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
1) What sound bar do you have?

2) Is the Xbox connected directly to the sound bar, or are you passing audio through the TV?

3) What audio format are you sending from the Xbox, PCM or bitstream?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@ajst222, I don't have the XOX yet, but have recently experienced this out-of-sync A/V in some instances on my Xbox One, routed through an Onkyo TX-NR906 (set to: Pass Through) to a Sony Z9D HDTV while watching Netflix; I had to use the audio sync feature on the Onkyo to adjust the audio (so it didn't look like an old Japanese movie, converted to English:). I have also had other, recent issues with my set-up; like the signal being dropped repeatedly:( - I have replaced the HDMI cable for this issue, I "think" that has taken care of that problem (fingers crossed).

Does your sound bar have a sync feature?

I'm not an audiophile and, I too, would like to make sure my system is running up to its potential (old tech... meets new tech, blues:)

SoundsLikeSound

Feb 1, 2019
Visit site
I had the same problem until I turned off my internal speakers in the tv. Check your TV settings and see if it gives you the same option.

just logged in to confirm this works. I have a soundbar and just turned the TV volume down but after going into my TV settings and created a personal setting reducing everything to zero (0) and turning Auto Volume Level OFF the soundbar now plays the audio with no delay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss