Xbox one X weird noise?

CookiesAndCoke

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
So my xbox is only about 5 days old, it makes this weird buzz / hum noise, and it’s pretty loud, i can hear it while my tv is turned up quite abit, it’s so annoying, i was wondering if it would be beneficial to send for repair/replacement as it’s under warranty, thanks :)

Bill Daugherty

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I would either take it back and exchange it for another or send it in for repairs. It shouldn't be making any noise, mine is whisper quiet after hours of gaming.

blueyestm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't hear a peep out of mine unless I walk up to the alcove it's in to put the remote on the charger. And only then it's just a fan but it's not loud.

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
So my xbox is only about 5 days old, it makes this weird buzz / hum noise, and it’s pretty loud, i can hear it while my tv is turned up quite abit, it’s so annoying, i was wondering if it would be beneficial to send for repair/replacement as it’s under warranty, thanks :)

Yes. I have a launch console and it just started making a loud fan noise when I play any game.

Thomson737

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I've had my Xbox One for a few years now and I can confirm I hear annoying fan sounds. My console is well ventilated, nothing at all blocking the vents. It is on the floor (wooden floor) but I can not see that been an issue. Although I have often though it could be a build up of particles inside the system that are churning with the fan. I have no idea.

The sounds are not prominent all the time, but even turning the console on without loading a game I can hear the fans grrowling. Its definately not how I expect it to sound. It didnt sound like this when it was new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb