How are you liking the Xbox April 2018 update?

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
With the Xbox April 2018 update out in the wild, thought I'd get a discussion going on the features!

Change log is here

Are they prioritizing the right things? What features would you like to see come sooner? The best feature is the update to sharing imo, which will only get better when they let you trim clips via the guide in the next update. Still would like to see them focus more on Upload Studio and the Microsoft Edge experience, UWP apps in general seem to have very little system resource access, and thus run really slow, which seems a bit restrictive.

PLPW77

Apr 5, 2018
Visit site
The update didn’t really have any sort of an impact on anything I care for, but then I use my system for games and movies, not social services, and I already play games in 4K on the X. I really wish that they’d add a toggle for ads on the home screens for Gold and or X owners. It should feel like a premium product when someone pays extra for higher tiered services, and it doesn’t when there are billboards everywhere trying to sell me stuff and promote things I have no interest in.

ucyimDa_Ruler

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Same boat as PLPW77. Nothing in this round benefits me. Just social improvements which don't do anything for me.

Still waiting for better voice improvements.
Still waiting for DVR.
Still waiting for DISH integration.
Still waiting for voice navigation to make its return in apps like Netflix.
Still waiting for gesture support (which I know its dead but I paid for it.)
Still waiting for a consolidated app that combines Sling, Netflix, Hulu, TV into one with intuitive navigation so I don't have app hop.
Still waiting for better customization on the home page. There are currently two useless sections at the bottom.
Still waiting for more tiles on the homepage.

Just to name a few. The past few releases have been anything but impressive.

JesperK

May 7, 2018
Visit site
More ridiculous things like Twitter sharing when we still can't do basic stuff like changing the size of subtitles on Blu Ray movies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4