Buying the Xbox game pass from unsupported country - possible?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am based in Thailand. I want to sign up monthly for the Xbox Game Pass. I know that Xbox isn't supported in Thailand, but I was wondering, is there a way (e.g. a VPN) that will allow me to purchase this subscription monthly? I want it to get Forza Horizon 4 mainly.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
You can use VPN but using VPN is prohibited as per the Terms of Service. There is a risk where you can get permanently banned. You should take that into account before doing it.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes. There are many online guides that explain how to do it. Google is your friend

I couldn't find a guide to help me. That's why I posted here.

You can use VPN but using VPN is prohibited as per the Terms of Service. There is a risk where you can get permanently banned. You should take that into account before doing it.

I tried using a VPN to make payment but it fails. I have a UK based Xbox Account, with a UK address, but my PayPal is in Thailand. People have said that they managed to get it work for them, but it just fails for me.

Naxxy

May 18, 2017
Visit site
I couldn't find a guide to help me. That's why I posted here.

I tried using a VPN to make payment but it fails. I have a UK based Xbox Account, with a UK address, but my PayPal is in Thailand. People have said that they managed to get it work for them, but it just fails for me.
You need a prepaid credit card like a Visa electron. And not of all them will work.
VPN is useless. I have a US account but I'm not living there and I'm paying with a card of the foreign country where I live.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
You need a prepaid credit card like a Visa electron. And not of all them will work.
VPN is useless. I have a US account but I'm not living there and I'm paying with a card of the foreign country where I live.

Thanks. That's helpful. I will check it out.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
@Naxxy, I solved this and managed to pay monthly for Xbox Game Pass from Thailand. I just set my secondary MS account to have a UK address and my Thai debit card. I set my Xbox One S region to UK and then proceeded to purchase Xbox Game Pass and it worked.

So, for anyone else, not in a region supported by MS, try creating a separate UK MS account, add a UK address to it and add you local debit card (might work with PayPal too, not sure), set your Xbox One to UK region and then try to purchase again, using the MS account set to the UK, directly from the Xbox One.

Last edited:

AmaanM05

Dec 4, 2020
Visit site
@Naxxy, I solved this and managed to pay monthly for Xbox Game Pass from Thailand. I just set my secondary MS account to have a UK address and my Thai debit card. I set my Xbox One S region to UK and then proceeded to purchase Xbox Game Pass and it worked.

So, for anyone else, not in a region supported by MS, try creating a separate UK MS account, add a UK address to it and add you local debit card (might work with PayPal too, not sure), set your Xbox One to UK region and then try to purchase again, using the MS account set to the UK, directly from the Xbox One.

Sorry I am confused here...I am new to Xbox just bought the Xbox Series X. I live in Oman where gamepass is currently not supported. Can someone please guide me through the process

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills