XBOX Wireless Controller - Win 10 HELP PLS

craige

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to Xbox and want to use the Xbox Wireless Controller on my Win 10 PC and like to ask... what care I have to take while purchasing it ?

Is there different types of wireless controller for Xbox S and Xbox X ?

I also understand there was some update by Microsoft to controllers, so how to make sure it is the latest revision ?

Also, will I get Rumbles & vibration on most games ?

Need all your assistance guys :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It depends on the controller you have as the original xbox one controller only connects via WiFi Direct (as well as the elite controller) so you will either need a wireless xbox dongle/adapter or a micro-b usb cable.

If you have the xbox one s controllers then you should be able connect via bluetooth however that depends if you have a bluetooth adapter or a motherboard with built-in bluetooth functionality / laptop with functional bluetooth.

The must have accessory I would say is a rechargeable battery pack and if you play using the usb cable - just make sure you detach the reacharable battery pack / batteries before doing so. It's a simple precaution to prevent rechargeable batteries from over charging and to prevent non chargeable batteries causing damage. I noticed one of the venom battery packs not lasting long as usual when I used to play with it plugged in whilst connected to the PC via the usb cable and also non chargeable batteries ran warmer than usual whilst connected via usb cable.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
You won't get rumble on PC games generally unless the games are from Microsoft. Games from Steam probably don't use the API.

craige

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I already bought the controller and I can confirm that over Bluetooth the controller do have Full Rumbles on each every game I played till date, from Origin to MS to Edios etc etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon