X vs S article - suggestions

larspassic

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Just read this article and wanted to offer some suggestions.

https://m.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-s-vs-xbox-one-x

I know it's tough but I feel like there needs to be some clarification on the 4K features. Both consoles do 4K streaming. Both consoles do 4K Blu-Ray discs. But the X will render games at 4K while the S can only render up to 1080p.

Since the article uses teraflops to compare the GPU power, the One S needs it's TFLOP value corrected: 1.4 TFLOPs

12 Radeon compute units
X
64 shader processors per compute unit
X
2 floating point operations per cycle
X
914MHz clock cycles
=
1,403,904 Floating point operations per second
÷
1,000,000 (for the use of the prefix "Tera")
=
1.4TFLOPs

The original Xbox One was the console that had 1.31 TFLOPs. The One S performs about 6% faster, per Digital Foundry's testing.

Next you need to add a bullet point for the Xbox One X's everyday speed advantage. It's CPU is much faster, so doing anything on the console is always going to be faster. People should know that if they know they like snappy interfaces. We don't want those types to think that the X is only faster in games.

Lastly, you mention that both consoles can be positioned vertically, but it's not clear if the X will use the vertical stand that is sold for the S, or if there is a different stand that X owners should buy.

Richard Loveridge

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Also some smaller Comparisons. One X has no vents on top. Meaning dust doesn't settle inside the console. Which is a great bonus cleaning wise. The CPU in X is 30% faster than One S and 40% faster than PS4 Pro. For a comparison. One S is 10% faster cpu than both PS4s in case anyone didn't know.

Not sure if these small nitbits help.

larspassic

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow, in what way is the One S faster than PS4 Pro?

PS4 - 8 x 1.6GHz
PS4 slim - 8 x 1.6GHz
Xbox One - 8 x 1.75GHz
Xbox One S - 8 x 1.75GHz
PS4 Pro - 8 x 2.13GHz
Xbox One X - 8 x 2.3GHz

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Oh wow, in what way is the One S faster than PS4 Pro?

PS4 - 8 x 1.6GHz
PS4 slim - 8 x 1.6GHz
Xbox One - 8 x 1.75GHz
Xbox One S - 8 x 1.75GHz
PS4 Pro - 8 x 2.13GHz
Xbox One X - 8 x 2.3GHz

LOL Richard Loveridge is a known lying ******. Often he considers his opinion as facts... You won't believe the number of time he is being exposed for lying. The funny thing is that the very next post he will come back shamelessly and post another lie.

Why is he even bringing up PS4, if it's not to fight that silly console war...:confused:

Richard Loveridge

May 26, 2015
Visit site
LOL Richard Loveridge is a known lying ******. Often he considers his opinion as facts... You won't believe the number of time he is being exposed for lying. The funny thing is that the very next post he will come back shamelessly and post another lie.

Why is he even bringing up PS4, if it's not to fight that silly console war...:confused:

I actually didn't know they uprated the Pros CPU. That's my mistake. I thought I read somewhere Sony didn't increase the clock of the Pro. Only GPU.

One of the reasons the One S often has a better framerate than PS4 in DF tests is because of its CPU advantage though. Normally PS4 has 1080p, and One S 900p. But One S usually keeps a more stable framerate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3