i'm confused. i have battlefront 2 and am able to play against people online in games like galactic assault. i thought one needs to have xbox live gold in order for this feature to be activated.

am i getting access to this feature "illicitly" ?

thanks!
    gamely lounges
    03-26-2019 04:43 PM
    I would honestly check your XBox live status to see if you weren't charged. Everything I searched for shows that a Live account is required for online play.
    03-27-2019 09:39 AM
    Yes Xbox live is needed for any online play. If you are linked to someone via GameShare. You can also both play online with only 1 of you paying for gold.
    03-28-2019 01:05 PM
    ... and ... magic coincidence. i just logged in to play Galactic Assault and can't connect probably because I don't have live gold. really weird because I SWEAR I haven't had live gold in a longggggggg time.

follow up question: what the cheapest best deal around for buying live gold ... any good offers out there?

thanks!
    gamely lounges
    03-29-2019 07:03 PM
    ... and ... magic coincidence. i just logged in to play Galactic Assault and can't connect probably because I don't have live gold. really weird because I SWEAR I haven't had live gold in a longggggggg time.

follow up question: what the cheapest best deal around for buying live gold ... any good offers out there?

thanks!
    gamely lounges
    To be honest it works out cheapest if you purchase 12 months. You can find pre paid cards on Amazon or Ebay cheaper than the direct cost on Xbox live.
    04-01-2019 01:32 PM
    Thanks. I signed up for 12 months and bought it via a website called "CDKeys". That site seems a bit shady ... made me nervous. It seems to have worked out fine. My 12 months cost me about $45.

I find it such a weird coincidence that everything was working great (ie online Galactic Assault) even tho my Live Gold had expired months ago. And then immediately after posting about it, I lost access. I guess MS is watching the forums????

All set now.
    -Gamely
    04-04-2019 10:40 AM