Making the jump to One X

overboard08

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Rocking the OG Xbox One and since I'm finally getting into the 4k world after having upgraded my TV, I'm asking the question to the community:

Would upgrading to the One X in the next 6 months (especially if good Black Friday deals come up) put me behind with Project Scarlett? Or is that still such a way off that One X would still be a good investment?

TIA!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, not really because the price of the One X will slowly decrease over time as with any tech.

Either way you don't really lose out :winktongue: as you get the One X for cheaper or you can just save up for Project Scarlett. Project Scarlett is probably still about over year out if you go by typical launch windows and according to www.xbox.com/en-US/project-scarlett it's due to arrive Holiday 2020 so Christmas 2020.

What you could I suppose is get the One X during Black Friday Sales and then flip it a month before E3. If you want to get the most of it, I'd suggest looking up 4K Enhanced Xbox 360 games that are pre-owned like Red Dead Redemption.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Personally in your place, I wouldn't invest in a X now knowing that next year it could be A LOT cheaper. Plus no real major exclusives will be coming as most upcoming MS games will wait for Scarlett release. After that why not get a one X. There won't be any Scarlett exclusives. Al MS/XB console games will be playable on the X.

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
My daughters loved their Xbox One and yet recently switched over to PS4 for certain games. Teenagers spend their money and I’m just hoping to understand the benefits either way...

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
My daughters loved their Xbox One and yet recently switched over to PS4 for certain games. Teenagers spend their money and I’m just hoping to understand the benefits either way...

The thing is that if you want to play games like Spider-man or The Last of us 2 you need to buy a PS4. So the same thing will be true for the PS5.
If you want to play XB games, you don't need to buy a XB1. A mid-range PC will do. And when it comes to Scarlett, there won't be games that will work only on that new console. So if you already have a XB1 or a mid-range PC, you don't need to buy Scarlett or XB1x to play upcoming XB/MS games.

For the upcoming generation, I would think the smart choice would be stick with PC/XB1 you already own and get a PS5. You'll continue to be able to play every main Sony/XB games.

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
The thing is that if you want to play games like Spider-man or The Last of us 2 you need to buy a PS4. So the same thing will be true for the PS5.
If you want to play XB games, you don't need to buy a XB1. A mid-range PC will do. And when it comes to Scarlett, there won't be games that will work only on that new console. So if you already have a XB1 or a mid-range PC, you don't need to buy Scarlett or XB1x to play upcoming XB/MS games.

For the upcoming generation, I would think the smart choice would be stick with PC/XB1 you already own and get a PS5. You'll continue to be able to play every main Sony/XB games.

Thanks for the reply and explanation

usguyver

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The problem with that is that the Xbox series x it's going to be more like a high-end PC. That's going to be like $500 I had the 1X already and I'm thinking of getting a serious X continue playing my games and high end fidelity. I have a surface pro 4 that still runs great for my other needs. And with Xbox xcloud coming up I can get games on portable with my phone. So it meets all that I need. In order to get a console or PC that runs like the series x is going to run you need to spend between 1500 to $2,000 as of course according to digital foundry.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
The problem with that is that the Xbox series x it's going to be more like a high-end PC. That's going to be like $500 I had the 1X already and I'm thinking of getting a serious X continue playing my games and high end fidelity. I have a surface pro 4 that still runs great for my other needs. And with Xbox xcloud coming up I can get games on portable with my phone. So it meets all that I need. In order to get a console or PC that runs like the series x is going to run you need to spend between 1500 to $2,000 as of course according to digital foundry.
The problem with your logic is that You don't buy a new PC every 3 years. You upgrade a PC. Also you don't pay to play online on PC. So save a lot of money.
Also a XB console is not like a PC, with PC you can do A LOT more stuff. Play A LOT more games, LOT less restriction and LOT more freedom and options.
Anyway, it's amazing to see a console gamer so passionate about power and resolution. I wonder if you were that passionate in 2013-2016...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills