Are you going to shell out $500 (or more) for Xbox One X?

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Not till there actually some games is like to play. Funny how developers know when this console is launching but bare ly any games to play I will never understand this and is why I wait to buy console till games I like are available no bf, no madden, wot, cod,NBA games. If there some games are available at launch why not more than 3? And no word on game I've mentioned to be released for the Xox and I'm sure they will eventually but wow months if not years after. I'm sure there many who love the games that are at launch but not all. Hopefully by the time more games are out they'll be a price drop....

Hirox K

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm buying it because of the ecosystem (bc/fc, cloud sync with unlimited storage but fee, region-hot-swap, xpa and things).

Anthem, Ashen, Metro Exodus (no gameplay yet tho), Middle Earth - Shadow of War (xpa for portable gaming), Ori2, Wolfenstein2, Beyond Good & Evil 2 (no gameplay yet), A Way Out, Sonic Mania, Forza7, Dragonball FighterZ (2d DB fighter since SNES), Cuphead (I'm going to dock a 6" win10.arm onto a gamepad), Sea of Thieves, We Happy Few, etc.
Plenty to choose from?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chad Snel

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
$500 ain't Jack for a system of that power!
I so can't wait!
Hell yes! Please let me preorder so I can be first on the list already!!!!

Any word on preorders yet?

Kieran Jeffery

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I doubt it, last Xbox I owned was a 360, and if I want to do anything other than play games I have to have a Gold account on top of the $500 tag and $60+ games.

Since the Xbox One launched, you have not had to have a subscription for anything other that playing multiplayer and getting the deals/games with gold. As a "Trusted Member and Community Review Team member", you might want to keep up to date with things like that if you want to maintain any kind of dignity.

Andrew Jones15

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Hey all,

It’s official! The “Project Scorpio” Xbox is called Xbox One X. And it’s pretty, pretty, pretty damn impressive, at least in my opinion.

Your turn! Let us know whether or not you plan to be an Xbox One X owner.

Yes I am buying one. I think that when you look at the specs compared to the pro, it is Def worth the extra 100. That is not a dig at the pro, which is a fantastic console. I do think though that maybe Microsoft could have priced it more aggressively, to hit the ps4. Think they missed a trick. They should have taken a hit on the console but they would have made the money up with the extra subs on live. But me personally am going to buy it. Well worth it.

I bought one last year. I have the original x box but thought this was a nice small upgrade. Looks wise and the 4k player. I read comments bout not worth it but we had it with the 360. U upgrade to the new slimmer version. Regarding choosing between the s and x then that depends on your budget and like someone previously said, whether u are a big gamer. I say, I'd u can afford it, buy it if not don't. The s is a brilliant machine. I have not regretted buying it and u can get some really good deals. Wait till some kind of sale then get one. I got 3 games with mine for 209.

Think more like 8-10 year cycle. I don't mind tbh the 3-4 year upgrade. As long as I get to be able to play the games I've bought in the last 10 years rather than go out and buy a whole new library of games and basically start again.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
I won't.
1) Doesn't look like MS is investing in making new games. Besides the usual names like Forza and smaller indie games they haven't announced much in the last few years. What's worse is they managed to cancelled games.
2) Power isn't my priority. And even if it was, I would just outdo this console with a 1070 or a 1080 which Ive seen at less than 500 bucks over here. ofc it'll be a lot cheaper in 5 months.
3) Unlike most people here, I'm not a MS/XB fan. I don't have or believe in "brand loyalty". I don't buy "every XB" or everything coming out of MS. I buy products.

Since the Xbox One launched, you have not had to have a subscription for anything other that playing multiplayer and getting the deals/games with gold. As a "Trusted Member and Community Review Team member", you might want to keep up to date with things like that if you want to maintain any kind of dignity.
Not since launch. Since 2014.

todd7900

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

It’s official! The “Project Scorpio” Xbox is called Xbox One X. And it’s pretty, pretty, pretty damn impressive, at least in my opinion. There’s glorious 4K support. It’s powered by eight CPU cores clocked at 2.3GHz, 12GB of GDDR5 RAM and a GPU packing 40 Radeon compute units running at 1172 MHz. (Check out a full list of specs here.)

But there’s also a pretty, pretty, pretty hefty price tag associated with Xbox One X.

So, the big question: Are you going to buy the new console? Do you feel like it’s worth $500 (or more depending on the different models that are released? If so, will you preorder it as soon as possible? And if not, why not?

I’m on the fence. I don’t own a 4K TV, so that’s no huge draw for me. The price is not insignificant, and I’m not sure I really need everything the Xbox One X has to offer.

If it's not under the tree on Christmas morning, I'll have one before New Years.

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
...Your turn! Let us know whether or not you plan to be an Xbox One X owner.

Here's why I am:
A) 4K Bluray (same reason I bought the PS3, it was only used for a bluray player though). I have a Yamaha Aventage Atmos receiver and an LG OLED65E6P, it needs something to mate with.
a) Other 4K video sources as well.
B) Driving games (ala Forza) in 4K - because distance resolution is key for marking your course.
C) I use the Microsoft environment.

We get a constantly updated 4K Bluray system with more than enough power to handle any updates to the codec/future improvements.

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I will end up getting one. I was hoping that there would be a white color. I am hoping that there would be a 2 or 3TB option at launch.

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading to a 4K HDR TV when the price hits the right spot. It will probably happen around Black Friday this year and I'll strongly consider grabbing a XOX when that happens, though I may space out the purchases and wait for a sale. Not super price sensitive here, but I'm also not much of a gamer these days. Just kind of like having the latest and greatest to watch Netflix on....

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

It’s official! The “Project Scorpio” Xbox is called Xbox One X. And it’s pretty, pretty, pretty damn impressive, at least in my opinion. There’s glorious 4K support. It’s powered by eight CPU cores clocked at 2.3GHz, 12GB of GDDR5 RAM and a GPU packing 40 Radeon compute units running at 1172 MHz. (Check out a full list of specs here.)

But there’s also a pretty, pretty, pretty hefty price tag associated with Xbox One X.

So, the big question: Are you going to buy the new console? Do you feel like it’s worth $500 (or more depending on the different models that are released? If so, will you preorder it as soon as possible? And if not, why not?

I’m on the fence. I don’t own a 4K TV, so that’s no huge draw for me. The price is not insignificant, and I’m not sure I really need everything the Xbox One X has to offer.

For now the most important thing that will make me buy it is a 4K patch for GTA5 period.

;)

alberrc

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I' ve always been a PC game player, but I'm really thinking into buying on XBOX X. Windows Play anywhere is also a thing to have in mind.

Rupert Holmes

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
My "S" seems slower than my ONE. Probably all the OS updates, that in my opinion were useless. For me, it is just a game machine, all rest is just wasted cycles. Yes, I will probably buy after the first price drop or knew Halo.

beckyadney

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
Totally buying one! So excited for this that the price tag doesn't faze me. Would cost you minimum over 1000 to build a pc with these specs so good on you Microsoft

ExTrAbUtTa

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely buying a One X. Having shelled out $499.99 back in 2013 for the original One, I'm not mad about the price, given the performance. For many, who may have purchased a One S, I can see waiting it out a little, but I'm running OG hardware and I'm ready for the higher fidelity. I also do have a PC running 10-Series, but enjoy the ease of use/play on Xbox. Either way, I'm excited for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb