Zune Pass on Windows Phone??

jonharrell

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had Zune Pass pretty much ever since Zune came out, and I really like it. I do have one question though, am I able to use my Zune Pass to download songs over my phone. If not I don't really mind getting on the computer and doing it there then syncing but it would really work good for on the go.

Yesterday I was able to download a song on my phone and it used one of my credits to do it. But today when I go to do that it is wanted to bill me either through AT&T or my credit card. I still have credits available, and I can do it on the computer but not know on my phone. Also I was wondering if I can just download over my phone as well, for when I run out of credits or if it?s a song that I would just want to use over the subscription.

I don't know if anybody else is have this issue or was wondering the same. If somebody could fill me in this would be great. Thanks

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Dont quote me 100%

but im pretty sure you can, since the marketplace supports downloading music.

I have had Zune Pass pretty much ever since Zune came out, and I really like it. I do have one question though, am I able to use my Zune Pass to download songs over my phone. If not I don't really mind getting on the computer and doing it there then syncing but it would really work good for on the go.

Yesterday I was able to download a song on my phone and it used one of my credits to do it. But today when I go to do that it is wanted to bill me either through AT&T or my credit card. I still have credits available, and I can do it on the computer but not know on my phone. Also I was wondering if I can just download over my phone as well, for when I run out of credits or if it?s a song that I would just want to use over the subscription.

I don't know if anybody else is have this issue or was wondering the same. If somebody could fill me in this would be great. Thanks

mittortz

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
it doesn't seem to support subscription unlimited downloading, only streaming and using credits. i haven't seen any official statements on this from microsoft, but it's pretty clear when you go to download a song that it wants to use your credits or some form of payment. it's not the end of the world since you can just download on your computer and sync it... but i'm a little surprised by this inconvenience. i don't really see why microsoft wouldn't support this, so i have a feeling it's a technical roadblock. hopefully we'll see a fix of sorts in the future.

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
maybe its to save bandwidth...
Think about it, If you had access to unlimited music DLs from your phone, there would be a lot of bandwidth hogging.

it doesn't seem to support subscription unlimited downloading, only streaming and using credits. i haven't seen any official statements on this from microsoft, but it's pretty clear when you go to download a song that it wants to use your credits or some form of payment. it's not the end of the world since you can just download on your computer and sync it... but i'm a little surprised by this inconvenience. i don't really see why microsoft wouldn't support this, so i have a feeling it's a technical roadblock. hopefully we'll see a fix of sorts in the future.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
maybe its to save bandwidth...
Think about it, If you had access to unlimited music DLs from your phone, there would be a lot of bandwidth hogging.

This is the only reason why it wouldn't be available.. They should at least have it work that way over WiFi. It's a small nuisance, but not a huge one since you can stream entire albums through the Marketplace.

siradude

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Last time I tried it, it wanted to bill me via AT&T bill or credit card to buy.

But I could still stream for free via Zune Pass or marketplace I guess... the song would not be downloaded into my phone, when I open the phone via zune those songs that I streamed for free were nowhere to be found on the phone.

Last edited:

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Last time I tried it, it wanted to bill me via AT&T bill or credit card to buy.

But I could still stream for free via Zune Pass or marketplace I guess... the song would not be downloaded into my phone, when I open the phone via zune those songs that I streamed for free were nowhere to be found on the phone.

This video will answer your questions:

YouTube - Windows Phone 7 vs Zune HD

Skip to about 9:30. Basically, it's possible to download the album using the Zune Pass, but it's set up in such a way as to deceive the user into purchasing it from the carrier. I can only assume this was a deliberate design decision to increase the carrier's profits.

-R

mittortz

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
This video will answer your questions:

YouTube - Windows Phone 7 vs Zune HD

Skip to about 9:30. Basically, it's possible to download the album using the Zune Pass, but it's set up in such a way as to deceive the user into purchasing it from the carrier. I can only assume this was a deliberate design decision to increase the carrier's profits.

-R

TAP AND HOLD! that's brilliant, I can't believe I hadn't tried that. That's awesome, thanks for sharing that useful little video! Just tried it, it works perfectly!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills