Zune Pass Music

gearhead05

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I feel dumb. I've been using Zune for years and I have never noticed there was a dropdown there lol.

And to add something relevant to the topic, I love me some Basshunter. Can't get enough of it!!!

blackleg

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
envyyyy

i really really really want to use zune pass music, but i couldnt i live in indonesia -___-

i use microsoft address as mine, but how can i fill the credit card account, can i use my master card from my country??? but how about the address would change also gggrrrrrr

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i like to listen to old school hip hop and r&b from time to time and noticed they don't really have a good selection of oldies.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No old school hip hop? Man I download some great music. From Public Enemy to Ice Cue. But At last, I had to cancel my subscription. I'll sign back up after the fix the "end of song skip/pause".

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
they have, but the selection isn't good. but i did get a chance to search again and noticed the same ones i searched for prior, came up this time. may have to get a subscription going again. not sure why i'm seeing them now and not before, but thanks. wouldn't have checked again if you didn't mention anything.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No old school hip hop? Man I download some great music. From Public Enemy to Ice Cue. But At last, I had to cancel my subscription. I'll sign back up after the fix the "end of song skip/pause".
If you're going to talk okd school don't forget Run DMC and the Beastie Boys!

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Quick check, have any UK Zune Pass subscribers successfully used the "keep 10 songs" feature? I was on a trial and signed up for a month being very impressed with the service and liking what I read on the Zune website about the 10 song credits, but I went to buy a track today, and instead of using a credit up I was charged 95 points.

Looking around the Zune account information I can't see anything about credits either, and when I specifically requested the en-gb version of the Zune pass website they don't state the keep 10 feature as existing... They don't explicitly state it's not there either, and when I clicked "learn more" I got the US advertising page and signed up based on the idea of 10 free tracks that I got to keep and burn to a CD.

Getting a sinking feeling that the UK is left out in the cold on the Zune service once more...

Update: Just to go one better, when midnight rolled around all my trial music expired despite signing on for a Month, someone tell me that doesn't happen every month??

Update2: Tried deleting all my Zune pass content so I could restore it, supposedly with the new license for my subscription, instead I get the old license back, so... I can't listen to anything that I downloaded in my trial... ever. Really losing confidence in this service now, anyone got any suggestions on how to fix these DRM woes?

Last edited:

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Error code C00D0BBE

Update: Just to go one better, when midnight rolled around all my trial music expired despite signing on for a Month, someone tell me that doesn't happen every month??

Update2: Tried deleting all my Zune pass content so I could restore it, supposedly with the new license for my subscription, instead I get the old license back, so... I can't listen to anything that I downloaded in my trial... ever. Really losing confidence in this service now, anyone got any suggestions on how to fix these DRM woes?

OK I spent several hours fixing this last night and it seems to be a known problem, with Windows 7 SP1, so on the off chance another user finds this thread looking for a fix, here's what you need to do:

Firstly, go here and run the upgrade, then restart your PC, in some cases this is all you need to do: Security component upgrade

If that doesn't work, you need to download a tool from Microsoft's Knowledgebase article here: You cannot play a Windows Media DRM protected file or a Zune DRM protected file on a computer that is preconfigured with Windows 7

They say you need to download run the Reset DRM tool as administrator, and you can follow their steps there, unfortunately, if you've got Windows 7 SP1 installed, the tool doesn't think it's compatible, and throws an error that it can only be run on XP and Vista. Right click the tool, click properties, then the compatibility tab, and tick the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" box, choosing Windows 7 as the combobox option.

Now the tool can run, but it will throw an error that it can't get exclusive access to the media database, which normally would mean running in Safe Mode to ensure it has access. Don't even try, because you can't use compatibility mode in Safe Mode, so the tool won't run. Instead, open task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), then click the processes tab, and kill the following processes (right click -> end process):

Zune.exe
ZuneLauncher.exe
ZuneNss.exe
ZuneWlanCfgSvc.exe
wmpnetwk.exe
wmplayer.exe
wmZuneComm.exe

Some of those will take 5 attempts to kill, but you will eventually shut them down.
You can now run the ResetDRM tool (as administrator) and it should complete successfully, resetting your DRM.
Restart your PC, and open Zune, the songs you've downloaded will now work.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos