Zune background art?

farooknaji

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Here I go reviving a super old thread but...

I'm in the UK which has had access to Zune Pass for a while but I still can't get the artist backgrounds to appear. Album art shows up fine. All my songs are tagged well.

I've tried the trick of previewing a song in the Zune Music Marketplace and the artist background appears on those songs, but if I play same artist from my local mp3s then again there is no background.

I'm also unable to use Smart DJ. I get this error:

Smart DJ error
We're having trouble creating this Smart DJ mix. In Settings, make sure the Connect with Zune option is turned on, and connect your phone to your PC.

Obviously I've checked that Connect with Zune is switched on, i've connected to my PC (well, my Mac using the Zune Connector).

This is really frustrating as Zune was one of the big drawing points for me to switch from Android. I used to use Fede's UberMusic app which was a clone, and the Artist backgrounds worked fine on that.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Bah seems like Finland doesn't have Music Marketplace either. Was expecting to see this as i already had artist backgrounds working back in the days on my Zune HD. :(

I hope they did something to this so it's not linked to Music Marketplace. Silly small way to make the regional differences for a thing that really should not have that.

bentheoandrews

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just been having issues with this myself. I've tried Zune Social Tagger but it doesn't seem to work on many artists. One thing that does (and it takes FOREVER and only works if you have a zune pass) is to go through your collection and download a track for each artist you need a background image for. Even if you don't want that track, you can go back and delete it without losing the link. This also helps the problem with the "Marketplace" link not working.
Hope this helps.

321hans123

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Solved for HTC HD7 in Germany

Hi there,

I had the same problem. Just a few artist backgrounds appeared on my Windows Phone.

I solved it according to a hint from RedPill
RedPill: Windows Phone: Zune Artist Background Image Issue [Solved]

For me it worked already just by changing the Windows live contact details (go to live.com>login>profile>details>contact info) and the Windows phone location to English (U.S.) (in the Phone menu go to Settings>Region+Language).

After the restart, a lot more background artist pictures appeared. Not all but way more.

After doing that I changed my Windows phone location back to german and it still works. I dont know, if this will still work when I synch new artists. Maybe I have to change the language settings again, but it was a big step forward for now.

so far...

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
BTW, I've never done any tagging or social-anything, and I've had bkgd images on my Zunes and Focus since their beginnings.

I do still much prefer the text and album art action I get on my Zunes, to the red abstraction I get on the Focus -for artists without images, that is. Of course, Zune on the phone is not really programmed for viewing, as it's written to time out quickly anyway. I do like the artist image showing on the phone lock screen that I don't get on the Zunes -it makes it easier to check quickly who the artist is with less familiar music, or when you're not sure whether it's Thelonious or McCoy on the ivories. ;)

reachkarthikt

May 9, 2012
Visit site
It works!

I have a lumia 800
Windows live id's region is UK

Now this is what i did: i dont know if this works if the region is different, where Zune marketplace is not supported

Open an artist - from Music+videos
if the artist is identified by Zune, then it shows - 'Marketplace' along with 'In collection'

open one of the previews from 'Marketplace' and go back

Boom - the artist image is downloaded now, and everytime you play a song from In collection the image appears

But somehow Zune doesnt identify certain artists, even though they have the same name as in the marketplace

charmedalloy

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Bah seems like Finland doesn't have Music Marketplace either. Was expecting to see this as i already had artist backgrounds working back in the days on my Zune HD. :(

I hope they did something to this so it's not linked to Music Marketplace. Silly small way to make the regional differences for a thing that really should not have that.
zune marketplace has limited access
check out this.It may help you.
thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon