I have two laptops that I use to sync my Arrive to Zune

My primary laptop runs Windows 7 64-bit
    My backup runs Vista 32 bit.

This weekend I decided to take my backup home to do some Dev work. When I went to sync my phone I got the following error message:

CONNECTION ERROR
    Can't connect to your phone. Disconnect it, restart it, then try connecting again.

Disconnected phone, restarted and tried connecting again...same thing....
    I read on the MS knowledgebase this error can be caused by a bad certificate so I went into the cert manager and deleted the offending cert, rebooted my pc and re-connected...same thing.

Tried uninstalling Zune making sure I deleted all registry entries(using an uninstaller) rebooted pc, reinstalled Zune....same thing...

By this time I'm a little bewidered by this nonsense and since I had another issue gmail notifications I decided to reset my phone. Still didn't work..:mad:

I've looked into the problem a little this morning and it may be a password issue as I did recently change my password.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    06-27-2011 01:06 PM
    Follow the link here: Windows Phone Cant connect to your phone. Disconnect it, Restart it, then try connecting again. joe.mcbride

Basically, you have to delete the old certification for your phone and the Zune software will automatically create again, for you.

I have two laptops that I use to sync my Arrive to Zune

My primary laptop runs Windows 7 64-bit
    My backup runs Vista 32 bit.

This weekend I decided to take my backup home to do some Dev work. When I went to sync my phone I got the following error message:

CONNECTION ERROR
    Can't connect to your phone. Disconnect it, restart it, then try connecting again.

Disconnected phone, restarted and tried connecting again...same thing....
    I read on the MS knowledgebase this error can be caused by a bad certificate so I went into the cert manager and deleted the offending cert, rebooted my pc and re-connected...same thing.

Tried uninstalling Zune making sure I deleted all registry entries(using an uninstaller) rebooted pc, reinstalled Zune....same thing...

By this time I'm a little bewidered by this nonsense and since I had another issue gmail notifications I decided to reset my phone. Still didn't work..:mad:

I've looked into the problem a little this morning and it may be a password issue as I did recently change my password.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    06-30-2011 04:28 PM
    Yeah...That didn't work so I just backed up my data and did a clean install of Vista....
    07-01-2011 10:17 AM
    Bummer. Sorry that wasn't helpful. I had migrated my profile like the guy describes in his post, so it worked perfectly for me.
    I'm glad you got the problem solved... even if it did take a re-pave of your machine.
    07-01-2011 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD