Connection Error

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I have two laptops that I use to sync my Arrive to Zune

My primary laptop runs Windows 7 64-bit
My backup runs Vista 32 bit.

This weekend I decided to take my backup home to do some Dev work. When I went to sync my phone I got the following error message:

CONNECTION ERROR
Can't connect to your phone. Disconnect it, restart it, then try connecting again.

Disconnected phone, restarted and tried connecting again...same thing....
I read on the MS knowledgebase this error can be caused by a bad certificate so I went into the cert manager and deleted the offending cert, rebooted my pc and re-connected...same thing.

Tried uninstalling Zune making sure I deleted all registry entries(using an uninstaller) rebooted pc, reinstalled Zune....same thing...

By this time I'm a little bewidered by this nonsense and since I had another issue gmail notifications I decided to reset my phone. Still didn't work..:mad:

I've looked into the problem a little this morning and it may be a password issue as I did recently change my password.

Has anyone else had this issue?

whatsit2002

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It's probably an encryption certificate...

Follow the link here: Windows Phone ? ?Can?t connect to your phone. Disconnect it, Restart it, then try connecting again.? ? joe.mcbride

Basically, you have to delete the old certification for your phone and the Zune software will automatically create again, for you.

I have two laptops that I use to sync my Arrive to Zune

My primary laptop runs Windows 7 64-bit
My backup runs Vista 32 bit.

This weekend I decided to take my backup home to do some Dev work. When I went to sync my phone I got the following error message:

CONNECTION ERROR
Can't connect to your phone. Disconnect it, restart it, then try connecting again.

Disconnected phone, restarted and tried connecting again...same thing....
I read on the MS knowledgebase this error can be caused by a bad certificate so I went into the cert manager and deleted the offending cert, rebooted my pc and re-connected...same thing.

Tried uninstalling Zune making sure I deleted all registry entries(using an uninstaller) rebooted pc, reinstalled Zune....same thing...

By this time I'm a little bewidered by this nonsense and since I had another issue gmail notifications I decided to reset my phone. Still didn't work..:mad:

I've looked into the problem a little this morning and it may be a password issue as I did recently change my password.

Has anyone else had this issue?

whatsit2002

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Bummer. Sorry that wasn't helpful. I had migrated my profile like the guy describes in his post, so it worked perfectly for me.
I'm glad you got the problem solved... even if it did take a re-pave of your machine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon