Why Zune Kicks ***!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I am at work today in the CTI Cooler about 25 feet off the floor in a Boom Lift adjusting some photo eyes on a conveyor I am installing when I start thinking I sure would like to listen to some music. I put my BlueAnt Q2 in my ear get out my Arrive and open Zune. What do I want to hear? Maybe some ZZ Top sure that’s it I want to hear "10 foot pole" now what album was that on. Search ZZ Top there it is El Loco I used to have the album (Yes I'm that old) so I recognized the cove. Open the album pick the song and go back to work. But wait maybe I will listen to the whole album. I get my Arrive back out of my pocket look up the album again then I decide maybe I will just download the whole album to my phone. I go to the Marketplace search music open the album then start the download. Then I chose the first song on the album and hit play. Now while I am listening to the album I am also downloading it. NO Additional Charge!

Not at any point did I think to myself, do I have $10 in my account so I can cover the cost to download the songs at $.99/song. I wasn’t offered a 30 second preview of the song. I didn’t hesitate no I just started the download knowing not only can I listen to what I want when I want but if I feel like it I can go home and use my 10 free song credits to keep the songs I like.

That my friend is why Zune KICKS ***

:ninja: Dave

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree that Zune is awesome. Hopefully Microsoft keeps it around for a long time. I have no idea how Zune is doing as a project.

Today at work I was listening to some songs I had downloaded. Then I was like I really want to listen to Sweet Escape by Gwen Stephani. Open Zune, do a quick search and the song streams via 3G. Gotta love it!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just adding to how fantastic the Zune Pass service is. I just wish Microsoft would do more to publicise it. It's a winner for sure. :)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used the zune pass, but one thing I really like about using zune is how quick it is to get a cd copied to the phone. From putting a cd into the computer and getting it on the phone is twice as fast as itunes and easier to use.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used the zune pass, but one thing I really like about using zune is how quick it is to get a cd copied to the phone. From putting a cd into the computer and getting it on the phone is twice as fast as itunes and easier to use.
Couldn't agree more scottcraft, the zune software really shows what a pile of poo itunes is. :)

Garrett92C

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, here's the deal. When Spotify launched in the US I tried it out, loved it, and signed up for a premium membership. About two weeks a go, I bought myself a HD7. Now my smartphone collection consists of a HD2 (Android), Palm Pre 2 (webOS), and a HD7 (WP7). I've been using all of them and think the HD7 will be my main phone. So, would it make sense for me to drop Spotify and pick up a Zune Pass? Anyone know of a good comparison between these two music services?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't consider paying for any other service. The Zune Marketplace has a great selection of songs, plus you get to keep 10 songs a month. I like it because I can listen to music on my Xbox 360 or phone.

I recently discovered each genre of music has a top albums and a top playlists section. So I've been able to listen to some great music. For example under Rock there's the Best of Pop Punk playlist :D. I'd say check Zune out for a month.

Oh and with Mango, Zune will get better. We'll get Smart DJ support so you'll be able to create Pandora style stations.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
ZZune is ZZTops

I think the biggest difference is that with your Zune pass you can stream and explore, PLUS also download the music, organize it as you like -with your own CDs, mp3s, etc.- into a single continuously-modifiable collection that you can load on multiple computers and devices, and HAVE it, play it, and add to it, on a boom lift or virtually anywhere else, at any time. It is especially the only way to go if you have diverse, insatiable and ever-changing musical tastes and needs, but you're not about to pay the many $Ks that it would take to continuously keep you recovering, discovering, smiling, and groovin. (Any questions from Beer Drinkers and **** Raisers out there?) ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos