Using MS points with Marketplace on WP7..

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Am I doing something wrong. I have about 400 MS points available. I'm trying to buy a song and it won't give me the option to use my MS points. If I've used MS points to purchase songs via Zune desktop. What gives.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
In the UK it has to be credit or debit card on the handset. Zune desktop client is fine with MS points though.

Dunno why you can't use points on the phone for music as avatar marketplace items can use them.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Guess it's the same in the US. Odd that they won't allow the use of MS points on a MS phone. I thought Zune was Zune. Oh well. I'll just buy it on my laptop then transfer it over.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Probably cheaper with your credit / debit cards justop26, as you can't buy the exact number of points you need. Just bundles of 500.

It would be handy to be able to use MS points for music on the phone though, as you always have some odd amounts left over from XBox live purchases, well I know I do anyway. :)

Just have to use that PC thang over there in the corner I guess. :)

Last edited:

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Microsoft needs to do away with points and go straight cash homies.

Or do away with the retarded conversion rate and make it so 100 points = $1.00

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Probably cheaper with your credit / debit cards justop26, as you can't buy the exact number of points you need. Just bundles of 500.

It would be handy to be able to use MS points for music on the phone though, as you always have some odd amounts left over from XBox live purchases, well I know I do anyway. :)

Just have to use that PC thang over there in the corner I guess. :)

Thanks for the reply! I won't bother purchasing MS points then :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3