Zune has lost the plot

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
TMgBQ.jpg

So... for some unknown reason tons of duplicate tracks are showing up in my collection to the point that my device is overflowing...

Two things I'm not sure about:

- Are the duplicate files in my Music folder? Or is there a bug in Zune where it is counting files twice? I can't for the life of me find any duplicates in my music folder, but to be fair, the search function is futile as it shows the same files twice anyway.... which is completely retarded, BTW. :(

It's worth mentioning that Zune will not let me delete the duplicate files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ta.

EDIT: I have reinstalled Zune, but still no joy...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen about a year ago but I can't remember how I solved it. I might have un-synced the folder and synced it again, or I might have deleted all songs from Zune (not the HDD) and then re-synced them.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Zune is being rather picky as to what it deletes, so I was unable to remove all the music and re-add it. As a workaround I removed my music folder and linked an empty folder instead, then restarted it, but that didn't make a blind bit of difference.

Damn you, Zune!!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Figure 8 you little beauty, it worked a treat! :) Thank you my friend!

That tool should do it. Someone how your local DB got corrupted:

[SOLVED] UnDeletable Duplicate Songs/Albums/Artists - Zune Boards

How strange. I wonder what caused that? This problem seemed to come around once I started rotating 3 episodes of Star Trek on to my phone every week.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
How strange. I wonder what caused that? This problem seemed to come around once I started rotating 3 episodes of Star Trek on to my phone every week.

I really have no idea. Maybe Zune sucks at tracking metadata, or maybe something like it thinks your phone is a different phone each time you plug it in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa