Can I sync with Zune on 2 different PCs

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried syncing my devices with both a desktop and laptop when I first started with Zune last year. It works, but it can get messy, especially when I tried purchasing music from two computers. Eventually, you can sync it all, but if it gets messy, you may need to restore to one computer or the other. In no case, will you lose anything you've downloaded or purchased from one device or another. I sync with two computers, but I only download with one, or through my devices; and I purchase (with my Zune Pass credits or MS points) only through the one computer. I have not had any complications with this approach. At one point, I was syncing three devices with three computers.

Worst case is that you can log on to MS support chat and they'll get your account and devices in order.

larspassic

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have found that the best way is to have one phone synced to one computer, and make all of your purchases through the phone.

• New purchased songs will auto-sync back to the desktop
  • Purchasing apps on the phone is easier
  • The desktop that your phone is mated to shows better detail about storage usage at the bottom of the Zune software
I have used two PCs to sync my phone before but it gets tricky, and the new computer doesn't know what you have used your storage space on, so it says "10.8GB of unknown" or something. Not as cool as knowing exactly how much you have used on music, apps, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon