Original Zune Pass Subscribers now on Xbox Music

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I am still on the original 3 Device, 3 PC, Kkep 10 songs a month Zune Pass (now Xbox Music Pass) subscription. I am trying to figure out two things.

One - Is there any way to tell which songs have DRM on them from Zune/Xbox Music Pass? I used to sort the music in Zune by which ones were "Zune Pass content" to know which ones I wanted to use my credits on, but I can't seem to tell now in Xbox Music.

Two - How do I actually use the credits? I thought that I would be able to just right click on songs that I wanted to use the credits on and choose to buy it or something, but I am not seeing a way to buy individual songs that I have downloaded as part of the Pass.

Thanks for any help!
Bellyer

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I am still on the original 3 Device, 3 PC, Kkep 10 songs a month Zune Pass (now Xbox Music Pass) subscription. I am trying to figure out two things.

One - Is there any way to tell which songs have DRM on them from Zune/Xbox Music Pass? I used to sort the music in Zune by which ones were "Zune Pass content" to know which ones I wanted to use my credits on, but I can't seem to tell now in Xbox Music.

Two - How do I actually use the credits? I thought that I would be able to just right click on songs that I wanted to use the credits on and choose to buy it or something, but I am not seeing a way to buy individual songs that I have downloaded as part of the Pass.

Thanks for any help!
Bellyer

2) The new Xbox Music app does not support the 10-free song credits, because that version of the Zune Pass was discontinued a long time ago, so there was no reason to support that when its no longer available. Unfortunately, it leaves everyone else who was grandfathered into the Zune Pass + 10 free songs program behind. The only way to continue to take advantage of your credits would be to use the Zune software, that will continue to support the 10 free song credits thing.

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, prjkthack! As much as I would love to not have to keep Zune installed anymore, I guess continuing to use Zune will actually address both of my questions.

kevynpm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Song credits still work on WP8 phones if you have the 14.99 music pass. Works just like on WP7. On Windows 8 (including RT / Surface), you can't use them directly. Gotta use either the Zune software (won't run on RT) or use ANY Windows Phone (7 OR 8).

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks gents. We're about to switch over to WP8 from 7.8 and I wondered how that would affect our experience as I still have the 10 credit subscription.

Question though: Currently, I use my Zune subscription to load music on both my and my wife's phones. She is unable to download new music from her phone directly, but I just routinely hook it up to Zune and add stuff I either own or downloaded using my pass. Will she be able to use X-Box music off of my Zune pass as well as myself when we matriculate to WP8?

Thanks,

Kip

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion