Anyone else, like me want Zune syncing back?

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I went over to the suggestion box and voted on this. Here is a link. Please visit. Add your two cents to the comments.
I'm sure there are benefits to Xbox music, but honestly, couldn't they have just used the same software and improved upon it, instead of messing with the aesthetic and preventing syncing with Windows Phone 8?
Link:
Continue to use Zune for media sync in WP

Thanks. I know there are people that disagree and those that don't care at all, but it's got quite a few votes already in a short amount of time so I'm just hoping to make our voice a little louder (those that want the option).

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I would like Zune syncing back. It would occasionally place photos in the wrong album but otherwise made backing up content fast and easy. Admittedly, I do need to use the WP app more often.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
So this thread has only had 86 views so far, but I'm hoping that I can get others to go vote on the topic if you agree (the link above) Please post here if you intend to :)

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I very much would like to have Zune available for syncing WP8. My concern is that all of the people picking up WP8 as their first WP won't know there was something better, so it won't get much traction.

If nothing else, hopefully the better Zune features will find their way into the xbox music software.

The other disconcerting thing is that the uservoice area seems to be a waiting room and made to let people FEEL like they are having a voice in WP features. I voted on the customizable SMS sounds 2 years ago when WP7 first came out and nothing has happened. It is currently the idea with the most votes. Custom sounds for SMS, MMS, Email, Notifications etc

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
The other disconcerting thing is that the uservoice area seems to be a waiting room and made to let people FEEL like they are having a voice in WP features. I voted on the customizable SMS sounds 2 years ago when WP7 first came out and nothing has happened. It is currently the idea with the most votes. Custom sounds for SMS, MMS, Email, Notifications etc

I noticed that some of the ideas are answered and others are not, including the ones with the most responses. At my job we post issues we find and a moderator generally gets back to us within a week or so with more questions or in about a months time with an acknowledgement of the duplicated issue and what is being done. Usually they just say that they are working with a manufacturer to develop a fix. I'd like at least that sort of acknowledgement from Microsoft on the User Voice forums. Maybe we should submit a uservoice idea about Microsoft actually reading uservoice... (I left a comment on your submission btw.)

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I've already voted and posted on this same article. Just posted again. This is seriously sad. I'm at the point, where I'm not using my phone for music anymore. I mean, my main source is my Zune HD, but I always kept a decent amount of music on my phone. I can say I honestly have 5 songs on my phone right now. All of which are my band's songs. I've barely used my Zune pass (which is a grandfathered $14.99 pass with 10 free mp3s) because if I download subscription tracks to my phone and sync them over to my pc, they don't work cause the rights don't sync, and vice/versa. Uummmmm....HELLO! ARE U KIDDING!?! I'm ready to cancel. The only thing holding me in are the 10 free mp3s and all the subscription tracks I have. They're easy to replace, but a major hassle. But the longer this takes, the more I may say screw it.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have that same pass ($14.99 + 10 songs) and still get the10 tracks on my PC through the Zune client, but it sure would be nice to be able to manage it from either location and the songs just sync wirelessly over wifi or something.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have that same pass ($14.99 + 10 songs) and still get the10 tracks on my PC through the Zune client, but it sure would be nice to be able to manage it from either location and the songs just sync wirelessly over wifi or something.

The cool thing about the 10mp3s is u can use those credits on the phone, and the tracks will sync to the PC. That's where the phone and PC apps stop being good. Everything else is garbage. Streaming the purchased tracks is nice, but syncing is more important IMHO.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I voted previously. Today, after seeing this forum I went back in and added a comment:

Please support and build on the existing wonderful, great ZUNE PC Software and restore the syncing to Windows Phone 8 and beyond. The Zune PC Software is easy to use, has great functionality (except for missing Windows Phone 8) and it looks amazing! It's graphics are cutting edge, even now, today. (Go ahead and rename The ZUNE PC SOFTWARE it if you think you need to rebrand it.)
Take the software as it is today, with it's syncing to Windows Phone 7 as a starting point. Add in Windows Phone 8 syncing. Then you could be done, for now. Or, you could improve it, making it even better. (Please don't remove any more features. You have removed too many features already.)
I really think MS has made a huge mistake by not recognizing what superior piece of software ZUNE is. Admittedly, most people don't know it, but it is far better than that other popular piece of music software.
Thank you.

I think everyone should vote and comment.
I know the nay sayers will say there's no hope, but I'm still hoping for a new even better PC Music Software that syncs with all Windows Phones.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
The cool thing about the 10mp3s is u can use those credits on the phone, and the tracks will sync to the PC. That's where the phone and PC apps stop being good. Everything else is garbage. Streaming the purchased tracks is nice, but syncing is more important IMHO.

I didn't know that. I still had a bunch of points from another purchase so I assumed I was using those . I think I did see once that it said I was using a "credit" and I thought it odd but didn't connect the two. I honestly thought the phone just ignored the free mp3s. I will try it out as soon as I can think of a song to download...

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
BTW, I just read your post over at the user voice link. It's a good one. I agree. Zune Desktop is Solid software with still relevant UI design. Functionally and visually. It's so easy to use and is powerful enough for my syncing needs. I get that xbox music is a derivative of that but it just doesn't feel the same and is missing tons of features. I'm using it on the phone and it's okay, but it isn't near what Zune is.

I guess there really is no need to gripe. They are working on it.

David Carrigan

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I would have to agree 100%.

I had my HTC Trophy for 2+ years so I've been there since the beginning, well beginning meaning as soon as Verizon had a windows phone and my upgrade happened. However that phone is trashed from heavy use so I've recently upgraded to a HTC 8X. I'll put it out there first, I still love the OS more than anything I've ever used, however! The syncing for music photos and videos is horrendous. Lets just say with any of my WP7.x versions I've used, not once did I run into issues with playback or syncing. Now I seem to have codec issues left and right when playing my music (sometimes the music just keeps playing?!), the album art doesn't work half the time and albums are in no way organized (many many duplicate albums). The syncing software is just another application I have to install. So why do I have to go through Zune, organize my music, create playlist and essential manage my media. Then use a secondary software to sync it? As a software developer myself this seems outrageous, and for something that was once was AIO and now isn't just doesn't make sense.

By the way, Zune is a fantastic, powerful and fluently flawless piece of software. I've been using it since it first came out. Stop moving so fast us dedicated users exhaust ourselves trying to keeping up. I just hope this isn't the beginning to an end for Zune, which all signs so far are pointing to yes :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos