Bad day for Zune software and players, Groove Pass value

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
[ I run Zune on my desktop, a power PC on Windows 7 (it is also on a Windows 10 Surface Pro 2, but doesn't work well because I cannot control how my Collection is cloud-managed through Groove software).]

Zune took a big hit this morning. On launch, a popup alerted me that a Zune update required me to restart Zune. On restart, I noted right away that the Marketplace menu option was gone. The result is that I can no longer access, download Groove Pass content with Zune, something which I was still able to do through last night. Also, the 2 Zune players on my Groove account will no longer sync anything downloaded since their last syncs. For me, this was 324 tracks downloaded with Zune in the last two weeks. Those tracks do remain in my Collection. Four CDs ripped in the interim did sync.

Not being able to access the Groove Pass catalog with my main computer is a game-changer for this long-term subscriber.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It sucks, I have been a long time subscriber as well, but we knew this day was coming. Microsoft had announced it some time ago.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Still the best music player on Windows, sad the whole team was disavowed by the turd heads running Microsoft....

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Still the best music player on Windows, sad the whole team was disavowed by the turd heads running Microsoft....
NOT...
Your "turd heads" reported $20B in revenues this quarter, and Microsoft is one of only 2 remaining US non-financial corporations with triple-A ratings from S&P. (Johnson & Johnson is the other.)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
NOT...
Your "turd heads" reported $20B in revenues this quarter, and Microsoft is one of only 2 remaining US non-financial corporations with triple-A ratings from S&P. (Johnson & Johnson is the other.)

Guess that makes it alright then....

Bubba1yukon

May 21, 2016
Visit site
so what's the deal, we are now not allowed to get to the market place, and I'm also having problems with even opening up my songs.

If I can't resolve, I guess I'll have to switch to I-phone application, but I've been with Zune for many years, and am a professional musician.

very confused.
please advise.
thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans