Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Now before everyone pulls the trigger as to this is the wrong place... I am here to discuss, not the phone, but something else.

Strategy.

So the LG neXus 4 was announced yesterday. And why has it got me interested.

Let's start with Specs:

- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chip with quad core Krait CPUs

- 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus

- 1280 x 768p resolution

- 8MP primary camera, 1.3MP HD webcam

- 2GB RAM

- 8GB or 16GB internal memory

- NFC, wireless charging

- 2100mAh lithium-polymer battery

- Android Jelly Bean v4.2

And then, the biggest reason, the price.

16GB for 350$ and that comes to 20,000k in INR. HOW COOL IS THAT!

Do I even need to mention 8gig's price? (it's is 300$ BTW)

Now this is what I call competitive marketing.

And it doesn't end there, it is carrier unlocked by default so all I need to do is but the phone, log in with the Google account and that's it. Also, I can for the first time, buy it in India directly from Google PlayStore. This is confirmed by LG.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    I lost interest when you mentioned Android.

And this is 100% unequivocally in the wrong place.
    jusdis likes this.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    I lost interest when you mentioned Android.

And this is 100% unequivocally in the wrong place.
    Fair enough. I am not talking about the phone or the OS. I am talking about the strategy and marketing of a device.

But yes, I get what you are saying. This is the wrong place.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    Fair enough. I am not talking about the phone or the OS. I am talking about the strategy and marketing of a device.

But yes, I get what you are saying. This is the wrong place.
    You and winterfang will have a nice new home over on Android Central. May the force me with you.
    txaggies07 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    You and winterfang will have a nice new home over on Android Central. May the force me with you.
    I don't know what part of my post said "I AM BUYING THIS" but thanks for your view...(it doesn't matter what you think actually). And I don't know about WF, but if you are going to overlook facts and be blinded by something, then the force needs to be with you and not me.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    I don't know what part of my post said "I AM BUYING THIS" but thanks for your view...(it doesn't matter what you think actually). And I don't know about WF, but if you are going to overlook facts and be blinded by something, then the force needs to be with you and not me.
    The force is always with me. May the force be with YOU.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    This phone is seriously a possibility for me being a Galaxy Nexus owner (previous Focus owner). The price is definitely tempting. And let's not mention that Google announced concrete details about price and availability and flooded the media with info minutes before the WP8 announcement. And while I'm rooting for WP8, I thought their announcement was more exciting and effective. I am however up for an upgrade so I might use my upgrade and sell my current Galaxy Nexus in oder for me to get both. I love tech toys

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    The way you talk, you need it to be with you. Can't stand on your own is it...lol...

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    No LTE tho is a deal breaker. But then again its not like I know what it feel likes having LTE as I don't have it now or have I had it.

I'm gonna hold off on reviews for both. Either way I'm getting a new phone

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwin892 View Post
    This phone is seriously a possibility for me being a Galaxy Nexus owner (previous Focus owner). The price is definitely tempting. And let's not mention that Google announced concrete details about price and availability and flooded the media with info minutes before the WP8 announcement. And while I'm rooting for WP8, I thought their announcement was more exciting and effective. I am however up for an upgrade so I might use my upgrade and sell my current Galaxy Nexus in oder for me to get both. I love tech toys
    Exactly. That's what I am discussing here. Strategy and marketing. They have not left any questions unanswered and for that price when you get that hardware, it is a bit of deal maker. Unfortunately, people who always have the force with them, lose the touch of rationality and go on hating everyone else who isn't talking their language. It's more or less like Jihad.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    The force is with Disney now.
    txaggies07 and X0LARIUM like this.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    LOL! Nice one...
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Great specs but I have a feeling it's going to be a year and a half before devs really start taking advantage of quad core CPUs and 2GB of RAM. It's great for people looking to future proof their phone but that also means it's going to be a while before they can take advantage of all that great hardware. Granted, those specs will be outclassed in a year.
    X0LARIUM likes this.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    No LTE and it has Android. Those are the two main issues with the phone. I just sold my Galaxy Nexus and can't wait to get back to WP. The quick availability and pricing is nice, but the reason they can do that is because they are bypassing the carriers. In the states, AT&T is the holdup on the announcement of the Lumia 920.
    Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
    Past Phones: iPhone 4, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Focus, Samsung Focus Flash, Nokia Lumia 900, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4

Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro, Nexus 7

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    The Nexus 4 is priced really competitively. I'm sure that's cheaper than the 8S/820 phones will be off contract. It's creating a lot of buzz. It's almost an impulse purchase for a lot of people. The margins must be very small...

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveamystery View Post
    The Nexus 4 is priced really competitively. I'm sure that's cheaper than the 8S/820 phones will be off contract. It's creating a lot of buzz. It's almost an impulse purchase for a lot of people. The margins must be very small...
    it is way way way cheaper than any smartphone ever...i think. And with the way prices of everything are shooting up here, it is not only difficult to live, but affording an expensive device is a bit of a stretch. Also, the specs are really great. Forget the internals for one moment, but the very screen is awesome. I like to read and play games, and this is just perfect when it comes to that two specifically.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by txaggies07 View Post
    No LTE and it has Android. Those are the two main issues with the phone. I just sold my Galaxy Nexus and can't wait to get back to WP. The quick availability and pricing is nice, but the reason they can do that is because they are bypassing the carriers. In the states, AT&T is the holdup on the announcement of the Lumia 920.

There is no LTE here in India and for won't be for a while also. So that's not much of a problem for me.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Who cares if the margins are small for Google it benefits us.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwin892 View Post
    Who cares if the margins are small for Google it benefits us.
    Exactly.

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Google didn't just undercut the 8X, or Lumia 920, or both. It undercut the entire smartphone industry with the unlocked price on the Nexus 4. While it might not be such a big deal in the US where the contract price is nothing special, in other countries it is absolutely huge. It is undoubtedly the best Android device, and the best overall device in its price range and above. Unless you have decided on iOS or Windows Phone for a particular reason, I'd recommend it.
    X0LARIUM likes this.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    *That's the entire reason why I kept talking about the force*

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    Google didn't just undercut the 8X, or Lumia 920, or both. It undercut the entire smartphone industry with the unlocked price on the Nexus 4. While it might not be such a big deal in the US where the contract price is nothing special, in other countries it is absolutely huge. It is undoubtedly the best Android device, and the best overall device in its price range and above. Unless you have decided on iOS or Windows Phone for a particular reason, I'd recommend it.
    That's exactly it. Cost of living here in India isn't a cakewalk. Prices of everything is shooting up. A high end phone is not less than 35000k, that's almost 650$.

And seriously, from day one, I thought specs were just mediocre of WP8. I know u all will hate me for saying this.

But I mean, i paid for this same spec a year back. 4.3" inch screen, dual core, etc etc...
    NX4 feels like a natural progression. IMHO.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

Global Posts
    2,271 Global Posts
    That's exactly it. Cost of living here in India isn't a cakewalk. Prices of everything is shooting up. A high end phone is not less than 35000k, that's almost 650$.

And seriously, from day one, I thought specs were just mediocre of WP8. I know u all will hate me for saying this.

But I mean, i paid for this same spec a year back. 4.3" inch screen, dual core, etc etc...
    NX4 feels like a natural progression. IMHO.

Sent from my RaZr HD.
    not cool man. trolling this place. I will never be friends with someone that gonna troll this place. :mad!!!!!!. I can't trust you mate anymore. sorry. might as well unfriend you mate. for your trust here
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 10-31-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    not cool man. trolling this place. I WILL NEVER BE FRIENDS WITH SOMEONE THAT TROLLS THIS PLACE!!!!!!. Can't believe I got along with you!! :(
    lol..im so sorry...trolling? me? It took me a while to even understand that term..hehehe..but sorry Danny, but I am now on the proverbial fence.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast