HTC phone desire 820. Is it good?

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys first of all I'd like to tell that i have been a Lumia 520 user for 2 years now. I got it the day it launched. It was my first phone. I love everything about this phone and the WP OS. But the only problem i have is the "App Gap". I don't mind apps like snapchat but there are some others that i use which are not available. I want to buy a mid-range phone and narrowed in on the HTC desire 820. I want to know if it's a good phone and how are HTC's phones in general? I trust this community and that's why wanted to ask from you people. Please provide your opinion.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I like HTC phones in general :) The only reasons I would buy the Desire 820 are: The MP's on the camera's and the 64-bit support.

The camera's aren't as impressive as you'd hope though :/

And for the 64 bit.. That is only impressive if you have Android L running on the phone (I'm just a curious person so this reason is probably just for me)..

Try an LG/ Moto or the Nexus phones

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't like the look of Moto's phones ;-). And nexus phones are not in my range :). I think the 64 bit processor would work better with Android L too. Any one who has used this phone?

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Or you can wait for Windows 10 as the app gap might reduce or the app which want can come...

Lumia 940xl looks very good and its kind of close to HTC 820 or may be even HTC 826 might be coming to Windows(I guess that's too much of dreaming though)...:cool:

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Or you can wait for Windows 10 as the app gap might reduce or the app which want can come...

Lumia 940xl looks very good and its kind of close to HTC 820 or may be even HTC 826 might be coming to Windows(I guess that's too much of dreaming though)...:cool:

I also love the desire 826 but its not yet launched in my country. And i think you meant 640xl which i would have definitely bought had it not been for the apps. Because it has everything that a Lumia should have including glance :).

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought it had sd 800 but now i saw it has 801 so would you recommend sd 801 over sd 615 because it has less cores. I know this might be a stupid question.

Definitely. SD801 is much better than SD615. Other specs are also good.
Where are you from? India?

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help sir. But i want to know are HTC's phones good in terms of quality? I don't think that i like Xiaomi Much ;-)

HTC phones are good but I don't think desire 820 will get much of the updates.
Had I been at your place, I would have gone for OnePlus One.

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Most people i have talked to are saying that the one plus one is old now although CM would provide updates. I guess I'll wait for desire 826 although HTC have said that 820 would get lollipop. Thanks for your help though.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Most people i have talked to are saying that the one plus one is old now although CM would provide updates. I guess I'll wait for desire 826 although HTC have said that 820 would get lollipop. Thanks for your help though.

No Problem. You can also ask some bloggers on twitter.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Which phone do you use?

I have Lumia 820, Lumia 638 and Jolla.

I don't think you should pay 20K for SD615. For Once, see Micromax Yureka. It has almost same specs as Desire 820.
Ofcourse this is not to say that desire 820 is bad phone. It's not but not worth the price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes