Did your current phone wow (excite) you?

AlternativeFacts

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
I am currently using a Pixel 7 Pro. It is the most expensive phone that I have ever bought (I always buy my phones). But it had the least wow factor of any phone that I have owned. I remember my first Windows phone, a Nokia 620 (?) was the first phone that I was exactly excited about, and it wowed me. The next few Windows phones were better and had a little excitement to them. Then when I moved to an LG G5, I thought, yes this is an upgrade and it is a cool phone. After that the excitement was muted all the way to the Pixel 7 Pro which had the least amount of excitement. I guess phones, are so good now that they don't really give us much of a buzz. They are a tool that we expect works and does what we need.

I hear this sentiment in the tech podcasts that I listen to. I appreciate the technology in today's phones, but they have become a commodity that one just expects meets certain requirements. They are no longer the tech junkie's drug of choice.

Did your current phone have a wow factor or was the excitement of your new phone muted?

Cheers

afk

Jan 25, 2024
Visit site
phones back then tried different things. now they just make... a phone. new phones just milk the same design every year, except new "software" features. one exception i can think of is the fold and flip phones, other than that, the others just focus on cameras, performance, etc. without bringing in any fun features :(

Reactions: nop

TheFerrango

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, when I read the price for my current phone (iPhone 14) I thought "wow, that sure is expensive for a slab of metal and glass".
I haven't been wowed by a phone since my Omnia 7, they've all been just incremental updates or gimmics.

Reactions: afk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria