AT&T lumia 1520 unlocking

vimajm

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
hi everyone i bought a nokia lumia 1520 at microsoft store for full price thinking that i can get it unlocked by 2 months , but i do not have a SSN (international student) so i only can get a gophone sim , but with that i have to use it for six months to get it unlocked ... IS THERE ANY OTHER METHODS WHERE I CAN GET THIS DEVICE UNLOCKED FASTER ??

there are other friends of mine who can provide me a SSN if required.

thank you , appreciate your help.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Have your friend (preferably an AT&T postpaid customer) apply to have the device unlocked thru the OLAM Unlock portal. If you get rejected ...

Have the friend call in, provide documentation that you paid full price & that should start the process.

I tried to unlock mine. I bought it (Lumia 1520) from a third party, NIB, locked to AT&T. The online application was rejected saying ' ... still in contract ...' which I was, with my Lumia 920. When I called AT&T & explained the situation, I had the unlock code the next day.

BTW - the Lumia 920 is also already unlocked (thru OLAM unlock portal), that took about a week. The SSN is essential for postpaid service, not for the unlock.

Good Luck... and buy your friend lunch / beer afterward.

Last edited:

vimajm

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Have your friend (preferably an AT&T postpaid customer) apply to have the device unlocked thru the OLAM Unlock portal. If you get rejected ...

Have the friend call in, provide documentation that you paid full price & that should start the process.

I tried to unlock mine. I bought it from a third party, NIB, locked to AT&T. The online application was rejected saying ' ... still in contract ...' which I was, with my Lumia 920. When I called AT&T & explained the situation, I had the unlock code the next day.

BTW - the Lumia 920 is also already unlocked (thru OLAM unlock portal), that took about a week. The SSN is essential for postpaid service, not for the unlock.

Good Luck... and buy your friend lunch / beer afterward.

thanks alot i will try this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac