Unable to update wp8.1 Preview for developers on L920?

Nilesh Somani

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I registered my self as developer on app studio. Then I downloaded the update that was suggested by the software update notification. After few minutes my device restarted and the spinning gears were there for like half an hour. Then there was migration of data which took like half an hour and immediately after that I got a message "Update completed" Now you will get the latest updates of wp8.1.

I didn't get. Didn't I just do the wp8.1 update? I redid the same process again and I got the same message. "Update completed". I'm confused as there's still wp8 on my device. Please help me out. Am I missing anything here?

One thing I noticed was when I say download updates it hardly takes minutes to download and phone restarts for further processing. I'm not sure if it really downloaded the wp8.1. I believe the size is around 800MB(read on one of the forums). It should take a while to download.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Once the DP is enabled, it does one smaller update to prepare for 8.1, then the next one is the actual 8.1.
Since launch there have been a few updates, so just go along with your phone. It seems like it knows what its doing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziyachater