Google account keeps disconnecting from my Microsoft Account?

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting emails from Microsoft to reconnect to Google because the accounts got disconnected... I reconnect and 5 minutes later I get that email again? What is up with that?
This is the message:

"Reconnect to Google
You connected Google to your Microsoft account so that you could stay in better touch with friends from both services. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to connect to your Google account lately.

Reconnecting is easy
Luckily, you can get things working again just by checking your Google connection settings and clicking Connect Google. Sign in to Google from there, and you're done!

Reconnect now

What happened?
You might have changed your password on Google or changed your Google privacy settings in a way that broke the connection. When you reconnect to Google, your connection settings will be restored.
Thanks for using your Microsoft account to bring the people who matter most together in one place. You can change your connection settings anytime and find more ways to connect at https://profile.live.com/services.

See you online,

The Microsoft team"

Any one have any ideas whats wrong or how to fix it?

vishj05

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Is anybody else facinmg this. Post Cyan, I am not able to sync google contacts correctly...
Some of the contacts are just showing as <Unnamed> without nay details while some get linked to account but does not show any details

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the same but this is the first I've had since Feb 2015, yesterday got another one... So I reconnected my Windows Phone.
However, (now this is the kicker...)

When I did reconnect I got a confirmation email with the title 'New sign-in from Android'!!! Google won't even acknowledge Windows Phone folk connecting to their services... WTF!!??

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, that's to do with the way Windows Phone advertises itself to the Google servers.
Best bet to avoid all these issues is to move accounts over to Microsoft. It's relatively straightforward.​

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your thoughts guys... I've pretty well done that. Just use Gmail for advertising mail and ezines, shopping site deals etc. I just found it rude that my phone was tagged as android 😊. When I have a couple hours I'll go through the process of creating a new outlook box and change all my subscriptions to fully replace Gmail.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do my business and personal on Outlook now and have a Yahoo for a burner address that can get all spammy or whatever. Yahoo is syncing just fine thus far. I do not let my burner come near my Outlook so no "Alias" or subfolder nonsense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers