MS/NOKIA VS ANDROID. Does Ms/Nokia made mistake in the past for which they paid.

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Windows and android started a new beginning in 2011
Windows phone 7x
And
Android 2.3
So in that beginning time why apps developer went to develop apps for android not for Windows phone?
. . . . . . . .
Because If in the beginning itself developer would have decided to go with windows phone instead of android.
Than today's image of widows would be different.
. . . . . . . .
Than why developer went with android not with windows to develop huge n classy apps .
Is there any term n condition by MS/Nokia for app development which Google didn't forced on apps designers?
Does MS/nokia harmed itself by putting their T&C which Google left n pulled the developers attention to do job freely.??
Hope you'll understand what exactly I wanna ask?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What was it about Android that started with 2.3 that marks it as a "new beginning"? Google Play started way back in 2008, they had a full 3 years worth of commerce and sharing the market with Apple before Windows Phone 7 came along.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A developer survey conducted in April-May 2013 found that 71% of mobile developers develop for Android.
Q1. Why hardly few of them giving interest in developing apps for windows phone.

Market share, lack of motivation/interest, among other issues.
Most developers are out to make money. Creating a quality app takes time, porting that app requires research and more time.. Sometimes you have to improvise, especially since of WP limitations..

For example, if I wanted to port a console emulator to WP .. Last time I checked there was no way for dynamic compilation, which would involve a lot of thinking out of the box. Since I am not getting paid, and I am too busy to try something else, what is going to motivate me? When I release it, you can sure bet your *** there are going to be a lot of people complaining about performance issues, etc haha.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Windows and android started a new beginning in 2011
Windows phone 7x
And
Android 2.3
So in that beginning time why apps developer went to develop apps for android not for Windows phone?
. . . . . . . .
Because If in the beginning itself developer would have decided to go with windows phone instead of android.
Than today's image of widows would be different.
. . . . . . . .
Than why developer went with android not with windows to develop huge n classy apps .
Is there any term n condition by MS/Nokia for app development which Google didn't forced on apps designers?
Does MS/nokia harmed itself by putting their T&C which Google left n pulled the developers attention to do job freely.??
Hope you'll understand what exactly I wanna ask?

WP7.x was way way bad in terms of available APIs, developers were too constrained to develop good app. Initial developer interest was there in WP and why not since it was from MS, but it quickly dies down because of lack of APIs, which meant developers had to wait for MS to release new APIs but by that tym it was clear WP was gng nowhere so developers dint bother to develop for WP

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Android's open nature has encouraged a large community of developers and enthusiasts to use the open-source code as a foundation for community-driven projects, which add new features for advanced users.
Q2. Why MS not showing open nature which could encouraged a large community of developers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills