Why can't I open WhatsApp?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I was using whatsapp when my phone switched off because of low battery. After I charged and turned it back on, I was able to open whatsapp but another app was dark and I couldn't open it. It then worked but whatsapp got the problem. The tile is dark and it won't open. I tried restarting the phone several times but nothing happened. BBM works but I can't send or receive messages. I think the problems are related. If you need a screenshot of how it looks please feel free to ask

Arman Qureshi

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Same problem was there for me yesterday... I was doing backups..and it was stuck to 99% almost like 20 minutes so i cancelled the backup..and to my surprise whatsapp live tile turn to dark (As usual when you're doing backup, some apps won't work that time) so i deleted my last backup and try to open WhatsApp but it was still dark..

So i re-installed it (i got second surprise here)

When i re-install whatsapp..i see whatsapp directly goes in sd card ..yes i have confirmed it ..i was happy and setting up WhatsApp..but after creating favorite..whatsapp crashed and was not opening further more.. So i try one more time by re-installing WhatsApp..and this time i manually moved my WhatsApp to phone storage from sd card..nd give it a try..and yes it is now working perfectly on my Lumia 830

I want to know is there any other users who manage to get their WhatsApp in sd card storage? (I've done re-installation for that)

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I want to know is there any other users who manage to get their WhatsApp in sd card storage? (I've done re-installation for that)

Yes, I moved WhatsApp on sd card yesterday and till now I haven't seen any problem, it just takes few more seconds to open, otherwise the app runs smoothly and didn't lag any where in last 24 hours.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Today I tried to open Whatsapp on my L920 and the app wouldn't open! Tried to reboot, soft reset the phone too and nothing. Even tried to uninstall the app and it just won't uninstall !!!!

I'm stuck now! I really don't want to have to hard reset my phone... :angry:

Asha Lekha

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I was using whatsapp when my phone switched off because of low battery. After I charged and turned it back on, I was able to open whatsapp but another app was dark and I couldn't open it. It then worked but whatsapp got the problem. The tile is dark and it won't open. I tried restarting the phone several times but nothing happened. BBM works but I can't send or receive messages. I think the problems are related. If you need a screenshot of how it looks please feel free to ask

anupmabehl

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site

shabeerali shazzzz

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site
Iam tooo nervous that opening my WhatsApp I see loading....loading...loading......it never ends....my some urgent job things and personal things are lost....what I dooo,i think change windows phone,I am soo sad of this...what I dooo???? It become angry me to use windows phones..?????? ????????????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99