May Duo Update issues (rotate and keyboard)

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
For the first time, I'm having trouble with auto-rotate on my Surface Duo. It seems to be a software issue, because it started immediately following the latest update. Restarting the Duo always fixes it as does closing it and waiting several minutes (if only waiting a few seconds, there's no change). After any of these fixes, a few hours later, it has stopped rotating again. I've tried toggling on/off the auto-rotate feature, but that doesn't seem to have any effect. I've not seen this reported. Is anyone else having this issue following the May update, or is this just me?

The other problem I have now is that sometimes it doesn't seem to detect pressing the shift key, so I can't enter capital letters, but only if the device is folded open. If I put it back in book mode, the shift key works on the same screen in the same physical location, so this also must be a software issue. When the rotate starts working again (either from a restart or from leaving the Duo closed for a few minutes), the keyboard starts working again too, so I think these are related.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen your issue yet, but I do have occasional lockups. I can't interact with my apps but can manage the lock screen.

Sometimes waiting fixes itself, I just reboot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria