Why isn't my Music app on my Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 920) showing my music?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Problems with Music app on Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 920)

Hi,
I have some problems with my Music app on Nokia Lumia 920 runninh WP8.1.
When I open this app,it cant show my songs and when I go either to the playlist or artist it just shows loading and nothing happens.When I close the app and try to open it again I can't (there is just thah green screen with headphones on it).I can't even listen to my musi.I tried soft reset,didn't help,I looked at the Store to see are there any updates,they aren't.What can I do?
Thanks

BCH

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Problems with Music app on Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 920)

I had same problem with my L920. Bought an 830 yesterday, and Music works perfectly. Benchmarks aren't telling whole story.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Hi,
I have some problems with my Music app on Nokia Lumia 920 runninh WP8.1.
When I open this app,it cant show my songs and when I go either to the playlist or artist it just shows loading and nothing happens.When I close the app and try to open it again I can't (there is just thah green screen with headphones on it).I can't even listen to my musi.I tried soft reset,didn't help,I looked at the Store to see are there any updates,they aren't.What can I do?
Thanks

Let the Music app do the loading. Also, try allowing Music to run in the background (settings > battery saver > Music > allow this app to run in the background) and let your phone charge overnight - I believe the music app will index itself if you let it run in the background

TrueDelena4ever

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

Let the Music app do the loading. Also, try allowing Music to run in the background (settings > battery saver > Music > allow this app to run in the background) and let your phone charge overnight - I believe the music app will index itself if you let it run in the background

I always charge it overnight and it runs in background (it always did). I waited for it load,but it can'.The app opens,but it's like it can't recognize my music.And the music is fine,because i have some other app where I can listen songs,except this one.
It's so annoying because I can't do anything on the phone that involves this app. I cant even buy songs.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

I always charge it overnight and it runs in background (it always did). I waited for it load,but it can'.The app opens,but it's like it can't recognize my music.And the music is fine,because i have some other app where I can listen songs,except this one.
It's so annoying because I can't do anything on the phone that involves this app. I cant even buy songs.

What happens when you let it load?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Nothing happens.That's the problem.It just stays the same.
It's just like this all the time

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=3C2C94EFEA9C568C&id=3C2C94EFEA9C568C!9193&v=3

Try plugging your phone into a computer, then cut and paste your entire music contents into a folder on the desktop. Go to settings > storage sense > temporary files and clear those. Heck, you could even soft reset.THEN open the Music app, and it should pick up that there is no music on your device. Copy all the music back, and leave it overnight (would be my best bet).

What (I think) I'm trying to do is get the XBM app to re-catalog all your music, because obviously it's had an issue somewhere.

Estep16

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

That's why I never use Xbox Music. I've always stuck with MixRadio. More reliable, beautiful album art backgrounds while playing songs and the offline mixes. One of my most used apps by far. Only downside is no manual playlist creation on the device. Have to transfer them over via USB. Good luck resolving your music issues!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Try this: Reboot phone, go to storage sense >> let it recalculate the space and click on music >> manage >> let Xbox music open. From your screenshot looks like Xbox music is stuck in the reindexing process, the method posted forces reindexing again to happen. Try if it works

TrueDelena4ever

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

Everything is fine now.
I did just like pankaj981 said and then I installed Mix Radio and played some song using that and then my Music app worked :)
Thank you all for helping :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap