Music on Duo

Andrew Losli

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
I am struggling to get my music on my Duo… I don’t stream as I’m out of my service area a lot and want my music available. Connecting my phone to my PC via USB did not work for adding my music files. It looks like a drive on your PC but you can do nothing with it. Duo will not sync with Windows Media Player as it does not recognize Duo as a device. I finally was able to get my music files on my Duo by uploading them to OneDrive and then from there dumping them on my Duo, but that took hours. Is there a way to make Windows Media Player sync via USB? Then the next part of my question is does anyone now of an app available on Duo that would allow use of my .wpl playlist files that I have created in Windows Media Player? It’s disappointing that there is not a Groove Music app. for Duo as this worked on my old Lumia 950.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
You have to tell the Duo how to act when connected via usb,
-Swipe down to get the notification pane and you should see a "Android System" item,
-Use the drop down and tap for more options. that will open up a settings window,
-You can select "File Transfer" you will be able to move files to your Duo then.

I have found that you must do this each time you connect the Duo (Charging seems to be the default) I am not certain if you can or even if you would want to change that default.

Cheers,
BR

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
@Andrew Losli also make sure the device is unlocked as some android devices stop transferring when the screen locks.

As @brau0303 said you have to set the USB behaviour per connection by default (this is the norm for most smartphones... unfortunately). However, if you open the settings app and search USB you should be able to change the default behaviour of the USB connection when connected to a PC.

Select MTP device if you don't have the option for Mass Storage or File Transfer.

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
if you are frustrated with the Android file system, you should try plugging in external memory cards to a phone that supports it. it will drive you mad. it's not like windows which treats the memory card as an equal citizen with the internal drive. In Android, to really use external storage, you have to bond it to the internal storage which is practically permanent. When I first got into Android phones, my idea was to buy a few cards and just swap them. But that's what Windows does. Android doesn't like that so much. Which is the reason for Android phones now, I just buy bigger internal storage.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you both... Problem solved and it's much appreciated.

Good to hear it's resolved :).

If you want the thread closed just say so :).

if you are frustrated with the Android file system, you should try plugging in external memory cards to a phone that supports it. it will drive you mad. it's not like windows which treats the memory card as an equal citizen with the internal drive. In Android, to really use external storage, you have to bond it to the internal storage which is practically permanent. When I first got into Android phones, my idea was to buy a few cards and just swap them. But that's what Windows does. Android doesn't like that so much. Which is the reason for Android phones now, I just buy bigger internal storage.

You know whats funny?

It's not too disimilar to what happened with Windows Phone 7.. years ago... lol!

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded cloudbeats, which can sync with onedrive. It seems to get the job done.

What I kinda wish is that Microsoft would just put a tad bit more work into the "music player" part of Onedrive. You can play an album or playlist, but can't control it via bluetooth.

Gregkk

Jun 29, 2018
Visit site
The trouble is android is rubbish. I got a new Razer, downloaded my music from onedrive, and now android won't give me the option to transfer it to audio or other folder, just knows they in download folder as far as accessing the music files is concerned. When cleaning out other downloads, need must be careful.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The trouble is android is rubbish. I got a new Razer, downloaded my music from onedrive, and now android won't give me the option to transfer it to audio or other folder, just knows they in download folder as far as accessing the music files is concerned. When cleaning out other downloads, need must be careful.

Seems more like a limitation of the file manager aspect. Load root explorer or it's cousin explorer (both will work well even if the device is not rooted) use them to move the files where you need to (excluding OS protected storage folders)

Cheers,
BR

Gregkk

Jun 29, 2018
Visit site
Sorted, thanks. When trying to Move it only gave option of moving to Google drive. I found that I could instead Copy which gave all options so now could copy to the local device audio folder and then delete all from the download folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlimPulseWeightLoss