I have downloaded an offline map.How do I know if im using the downloaded map and not a live map?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I have downloaded an offline map.How do I know if im using the downloaded map and not a live map

If you have downloaded a map ,do the here maps or here drive apps automatically use the downloaded map ,or do I have to disconnect from wifi or shut my phone off{flight mode}? Also how do I get the map to automatically show the direction i,m heading in?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If you ever want to force offline mode, then yes, you can put your phone in airplane mode. To me, the benefit is that you can use the maps regularly, in online mode. But, if you travel to an area that is out of cellular coverage, or if you are somewhere where you are roaming, then your phone will still find destinations and navigate.

The map has a small compass in the bottom right corner of the screen to display the position of north at all times.If you tap on it, it will change your screen display, the options of 3D view, 2D view, or north up, which will always keep north at the top of the screen.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
If you have downloaded a map ,do the here maps or here drive apps automatically use the downloaded map ,or do I have to disconnect from wifi or shut my phone off{flight mode}? Also how do I get the map to automatically show the direction i,m heading in?

If you turn off your mobile internet connection, switch off Wi-Fi, then your phone uses downloaded maps, otherwise it uses online maps(though online navigation is much faster if you've downloaded offline maps)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plantsulinupdate