Why are most of my apps not functioning or functioning slowly?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Most apps not functioning or functioning slowly

I have a Tmobile Nokia Lumia 521. I recently upgraded to 8.1 with both the mandatory Tmobile update and optional store update. They seemed to work for a while and then the calendar app stopped working. I looked around and tried soft resets that didn't work. So eventually I did a hard reset. That leads me to my current problem. It appears the update is still on the phone - that's fine. I changed a few settings so that works. But I can't open the store app, calendar app, or wallet. Everything else only functions very slowly or doesn't let me log in (Facebook etc).

I'm not sure what's up with my phone. I thought a hard reset should have cleared everything up. Is there some software I can get online for a bug fix? (IE seems to work as expected).
Or do I need to do another hard reset?

Also, is there a particular setting that could trigger these problems? As I said, I changed a few after the reset.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Most apps not functioning or functioning slowly

Make sure your accounts can sync...

Settings > email + accounts > hold on the name and tap "sync" when the popup menu appears. Check each account.

​Common cause with sync error require you to check that date and time are correct, try removing any restrictions in Data sense as well.

Alicia Gabbard

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

That doesn't seem to be working for me. I only have my microsoft account on there yet and it syncs just fine. I have auto date and time so that looks like it's right (down to the year and everything). I don't really see a connection between some of the apps and my accounts. Store and calendar obviously but I'm also having trouble with things like Alarms.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You could try the Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

It will reflash the latest official software to your phone. In other words a fresh copy, not what is stored in the phone memory in case that is corrupted somehow.

Unmount and remove your SD card first (SD card is known to sometimes cause issues during update... Better safe than sorry, just take it out of the equation). Run a backup for restoring data during setup.

Run the SRT and get your fresh install of 8.1 + Cyan.

Click the link on this page: Mobile Community - Nokia Software Recovery Tool - Mobile Community

After install it will promt you to update the Tool. It s now Lumia Software Recovery Tool. Microsft is dropping the Nokia name off of the Lumia products. This forced update on the Tool is normal. It will ensure you have the latest which should be version 5.0.0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99