Is there anything I should watch out for when switching from a Android to a Windows Phone (Lumia 1320)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Switching from Android to Windows Phone (Lumia 1320)

So I'm planing to buy a Lumia 1320. Is there anything particular I should watch out when switching to Windows phone? I know there are no Google apps, I'm fine with that. Anything I should watch out when getting the 1320? I'm quite familiar with the Windows Phone system.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Switching from Android to Windows Phone (Lumia 1320)

I don't know what to say. There are no major 1320 issues I am aware of.

You can browse the store at windowsphone.com

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

So I'm planing to buy a Lumia 1320. Is there anything particular I should watch out when switching to Windows phone? I know there are no Google apps, I'm fine with that. Anything I should watch out when getting the 1320? I'm quite familiar with the Windows Phone system.

Nothing much, just tons of cool "personalization" options and classy users!:cool:

On a more serious note: if you're not really keen on having the "latest" features and updates, I'd advise you not to join the "Preview for Developers" Program. This brings the latest "sort-of-beta" updates to users (whether or not you're really a developer), and being "beta" some users reported bricking their phones, experiencing a great deal of lag, app crashing... but I'd say this is at a minimal rate - it just so happened that most of the users who speak up are those who encountered bugs and mishaps with their phone (otherwise, they're not likely to say anything at all!). Majority of those in the program should not be encountering any problems. I'm in the developer program, but my 1020 is alive and well.:angel:

Aside from that, there's nothing seriously risky or wrong about Windows Phone. Just remember that no phone OS is "perfect", otherwise it no longer can be developed. What matters is how much one maximizes the capabilities of the phone. I advise you to go through the windows phone features page and basics page before (or even after) your switch. You may also want to consider buying a newer-than-the-1320 windows phone... perhaps the 1520 or 930 if I may suggest.

And there's one more thing to watch out for: the innovative Windows 10 update that unifies the Windows user experience across devices - tablets, phones, laptops and desktops alike.:cool:

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Why switching more from android.Better have your android phones by your side you will miss quality apps like fb,instagram.And if you are a app freak better get android tablet along with Lumia 1320.
From Windows phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christinaenth