How do I enable mass storage mode in Windows 8.1 Lumia phone?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

how to enable mass storage mode in windows 8.1 lumia phones ?

Iam currently using Nokia lumia 520 and Microsoft lumia 535 I want to know how to enable mass storage mode as I want to recover some data which is stored in phone memory not in sd card also not on one drive
need urgent help

RiskyAbhi

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to enable mass storage mode in windows 8.1 lumia phones ?

There is nothing like a mass storage mode on Lumia phones or in windows phones. Just connect your phone through a USB cable and you can see files and transfer files between your phone and laptop. No mass storage mode also save you from viruses from your laptop.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to enable mass storage mode in windows 8.1 lumia phones ?

Just wanted to correct a misconception here. There are no viruses that can be transmitted from Windows Phone to Computer (and the other way around). In fact there are no Windows Phone viruses.

Enabling any kind of storage mode via USB will not allow anyone to inspect the disk structure of the phone's storage - that's locked off and cannot be modified. If you hve deleted content from your phone, it has gone. There may be a way of using data forensic methods to get at the data, but it would be prohibitively expensive (and most probably contrary to Microsoft's terms of use).

Unless you've copied data from the phone, it's gone for good I'm afraid.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
This is very disappointing. Prior to my HTC Arrive on windows phone 7 and my current HTC 8XT on windows phone 8 and now 8.1 I used a HTC Snap and HTC Touch Pro II on windows phone 6 and 6.5. Both of those version 6 phones worked great with the Pioneer car stereo in my truck, I could listen to music and podcasts from phone by running everything from the car stereo and it kept the phone charged at the same time. Worked great.
My 8XT will not even charge through the stereo and the USB says not available.
Is there a chance that this function will be brought back??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos