My outlook is not synching with the Mail application

Yazan Mowed

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
The outlook account I created to use my Lumia 930 is not being added to the email app, when I try to add it so that I can see the emails I got without being forced to use the browser the application tells me that there is an account using this email called outlook, yet I don't see any of the emails the arrived to my account but I can see the emails sent to both of my other outlook and live accounts .

So what should I do now?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand, "hotmail", "live" and "outlook" are all one and the same now, and they're all tied to your Microsoft account. In other words, as long as you have your phone set up with your Microsoft account, your email account should be the same login. Go to settings/email+accounts and make sure your Microsoft account is "up to date" by long pressing it and hitting "sync". Whichever email account associated with your account should sync as well.

Yazan Mowed

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I know that they are the same and I have three accounts two are showing up and one is not which is the one I created when I first activated my Lumia 930 and I did what you told me it didn't work and I have received emails on the account which I saw when I opened it in the browser yet I got nothing in the mail app!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
From what I understand, "hotmail", "live" and "outlook" are all one and the same now, and they're all tied to your Microsoft account. In other words, as long as you have your phone set up with your Microsoft account, your email account should be the same login. Go to settings/email+accounts and make sure your Microsoft account is "up to date" by long pressing it and hitting "sync". Whichever email account associated with your account should sync as well.

For those of us that still have a msn account, the same thing applies. They all are recognized as one sign in.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Did you set the phone account up the same as you set up the internet account. Go to settings, mail and add account. Add that account exactly as you have it where you are seeing mail now. I think this might work for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani