Lumia icon update problem

Ben751

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello readers! I currently am running a Lumia icon on Verizon wireless. When I got it it was on 8.0 and it was terrible, so Installed 8.1 and all of the latest updates through the preview for developers. I love in Wisconsin and I heard the Lumia denim update is rolling out for the Lumia icon, but no matter how many times I check its not there. Whether on Verizon's network or wifi, I've tried turning off the preview for developers too and that hasn't helped.
Is anyone else having this same issue?
And if your not having the same issue, can you help me figure this out?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
It turns out that you have to turn on the preview for developer to get DENIN from Verizon OTA.
It's possible that OTA's have a little delay but you should get it.
You also can use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool to update to Denim and advantage is that you have a clean install (but your data will be erased)

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
If using the PFD app, be aware that the search could take 5 - 10 minutes to find update so don't get discouraged. Once it finds it, it will download and install.

Your other option is the one mentioned above; use the Lumia Recovery Software. If you make a backup ( under settings Backup), then ue the Recovery software and restore after Denim is loaded.

Let us know which you did and how it worked for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap