Nokia Lumia 1520 problem with seller regarding software?

Anthony199

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Im reposting this, i just registered on the website

Hello guys,
So this is my first post on this website. I think you are the only people that can help me. I am buying a Nokia lumia 1520 rm937 from China (yes it's original) but the seller is telling me that the RM-937 version in CHINA has only 2 languages, but you can update the software normally like any other phone. I told her i want the international version with 30+ laguages, she then told me that she will be able to install a firmware for that, but i wont be able to update to 8.1 by my own (or any other version, and it's currently on WP8)

Please help me guys, what should i do? do you think i can install all the other languages AND be able to upgrade by myself?

BTW i think she explained wrong. I do only need English as a language for the phone, but can i install ANY other language for my keyboard? this is what is important actually.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If in doubt, walk away. You probably want to avoid anything that involves a custom or non-standard firmware - as you've been told, there's no upgrade path from that.

Anthony199

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I actually dont know why i was pissed by the fact that there are only 2 languages (English and Chinese). I want my phone in English, so I am going to tell her to keep the phone as it is, and be able to update it whenever i want, i keep the phone in English. I am sure there will me be many languages for my keyboard which is what matters in the end for me. What do you think?

Anthony199

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey Pete! How are you?
So the seller is going to ship my order soon, but i just found out that all her phones have the custom ROM installed on them in order to get all the languages.. So is there a way to return the original ROM? the one with only Chinese and English? Cz i want to update the phone anytime there is a new update.. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb