I have a new surface computer and cannot find a dvd/cd drive to view/access stored pix, do I need an external dvd drive?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a new surface computer and cannot find a dvd/cd drive to view/access stored pix, do I need an external dvd drive?

do I need to go out and find an external dvd drive in order to access the pix/ use the discs? Or am I missing something on this ? If I need to purchase one, what is recommended for a modest budget?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have a new surface computer and cannot find a dvd/cd drive to view/access stored pix

Yes you'll need an external USB cd/DVD drive to access disc. You can get one for a cheap as $20. They're all pretty much the same.

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
If your pictures are in JPEG format (or a format that doesn't require being read directly off the disc), it may be easier just to use a friend's PC and then copy them to a USB drive. I know that external drives are pretty cheap, but I bought one for this very reason and never used it again. Depending upon your thoughts on OneDrive (or other cloud storage services) it might be worth backing up to there. Not only would the pictures be syncing to your PC, but you'd also have a backup should you ever need to restore. 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon