Why does the Redfin.com website take me to iTunes?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Redfin.com website takes me to itunes

Hello

On my Windows Lumia 1520, redfin.com takes me to itunes store to download the app. Is the problem on Windows side or redfin. Is there a way to fix this? I contacted redfin and they are not sure how to fix this.

Thanks

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Redfin.com website takes me to itunes

That website only has Android and iOS apps. It does not have a Windows Phone app.

Have you tried using UC Browser or Opera Mini browser for Windows Phone? Perhaps the site just doesn't work properly in IE11 mobile.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

On my Lumia 1520 I just visited redfin .com in desktop view and mobile view. I also tapped the "mobile" link at the bottom of the main page in both desktop and mobile views. I was never redirected to itunes. I was able to view and interact properly with the site.

Are you using mobile IE? Is your default mobile or desktop view? Have you tried toggling the view setting? Are you using a spoofing agent to permanently identify your browser as mobile Safari? I think some browsers do this... Have you tried an alternate browser?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread...

pankil

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

I missed on logging into the forum so it got posted as Guest. Sorry for that.

Thanks Laura and RumoredNow for your comments. I am aware that it only supports Android and iOS apps. I have tried using both IE Mobile and UC Browser. There are two problems:
1. On both browsers website loads but links and dropdowns are read only. I cannot click anything. Screenshots 3 and 4
2. When I click on "Search For Homes" from IE Mobile it takes me to itunes app stores. No issue with UC Browser. Screenshots 1 and 2.

Screenshots attached for your reference.

redfin_Search_For_Homes.jpg
redfin_Search_Homes_URL.jpg
redfin_IE_Mobile.jpg
redfin_UC_Browser.jpg

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoresAdrowe