Living Images frames

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand this feature anymore. Isn't the point of living image so I can choose the best frame, and save as a pic? Lumia Living Images app (3rd party app) doesn't work anymore.

But didn't MS make any app or way to be able to get access to the frames in living images?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I tried the CS Beta app, but I do not see any ability to really edit the Living Image differently than before.

Back to my original question, Strange because the Image is actually a short video, so I am surprised MS has not allowed Moments or some other app to allow access to the best frame

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Indeed because live image is a "low quality recording" so if you get a frame out of it it will also be "low" quality.
I think you already know but if you remove the last extension so it ends on .MP4 it will be seen as a video and you could still get a frame out.

Hope this is more helpful..

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you want to manipulate and view the entire Living Image it is best done on desktop. Plug into the USB port on your PC and open Camera Roll in your file browser. Find the pic you want by date and time. Find the file associated with that date and time and ending in .tnl. Copy that to your computer.

Right click the file > in the file name field edit off the .tnl so the file now ends .mp4 > click OK > accept warning about changing file extensions

Now you have a video file that will play in any mp4 player. You can always take a screen cap of any moment during the playback.

But you also can "remove" the .tnl with the files app (by renaming it) and then use Lumia moments to pick a frame.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This pisses me off too. Lumia moments should really be able to access that split second of living images. There are some perfect shots *JUST* missed in those living images, low quality or not it's a good image!

In regards to the MP4, in file manager, look for the THM file... rename or copy it as mp4 (so that you don't ruin living image from your phone).

wp_ss_20150723_0001.png

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
This pisses me off too. Lumia moments should really be able to access that split second of living images. There are some perfect shots *JUST* missed in those living images, low quality or not it's a good image!

In regards to the MP4, in file manager, look for the THM file... rename or copy it as mp4 (so that you don't ruin living image from your phone).

View attachment 109075

Thanks I did that, and you are absolutelyright there should be a more elegant way, as this seems so basic!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen