Microsoft Money problems with Windows 10

W

WPCentral Question

Have installed Windows 10 upgrade. Microsoft Money Sunset worked fine with Windows 7 & 8 & supposedly compatible with Windows 10. However, when I try to open Money I now get error message "Money requires Internet Explorer 6 to function properly. Please reinstall IE 6 so these components can be added." I had already installed IE 11 & made it default browser in preference to Edge, & have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Money but same error message.

Other programmes working fine in Windows 10. Money worked fine with all IE versions subsequent to IE6. Wondering if Edge somehow imposing itself on Money rather than letting IE in? Seems impossible to uninstall Edge.

Any ideas?

William.

davidspayne

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I also can't open Microsoft Money in Windows 10. I have all my checkbook stuff there and I need it.
It said I need to reinstall components from internet explorer 5 to open it.
Please help.

killertunes

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting the same error as well but I found a solution.

Follow the steps.

Open Registry Editor (RegEdit).(USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.)
Navigate to the following registry key:

(64-bit Windows)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
(32-bit Windows)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

In the right pane, look for Version registry value.
Modify the value date to 9.11.10240.0.

DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER VALUES. Even a small error in the register can have a profoundly bad effect.

(Thanks to the poster who specified the 32-bit info. I've been running 64-bit Windows for so long now I totally figured everyone else is running 64-bit Windows too. =))

Last edited:

Reinaldoal

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
A solu??o para o problema com o Microsoft money funcionou perfeitamente.
Entao, pode alterar o registro, conforme as seguintes instru??es :
Open Registry Editor (RegEdit).
Navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
In the right pane, look for Version registry value.
Modify the value date to 9.11.10240.0.

robert andrews4

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Answering my own question and for the benefit of others who are not very computer savvy, you press the Windows button on your keyboard and the r button, at the same time. You can then type RegEdit. I have just done the mod and Money has loaded and is working, perfectly. Quite why Microsoft killed this product is quite beyond me. I have used it for years to keep track of my bank accounts.

Thanks killertunes for passing on your knowledge but please remember, some of us need every step laid out. :)

Paul5759

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I saw helpful response for solving money install problem. Found registry but no sign of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

How do I find in windows 10?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium