Microsoft Money problems with Windows 10

W

WPCentral Question

Have installed Windows 10 upgrade. Microsoft Money Sunset worked fine with Windows 7 & 8 & supposedly compatible with Windows 10. However, when I try to open Money I now get error message "Money requires Internet Explorer 6 to function properly. Please reinstall IE 6 so these components can be added." I had already installed IE 11 & made it default browser in preference to Edge, & have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Money but same error message.

Other programmes working fine in Windows 10. Money worked fine with all IE versions subsequent to IE6. Wondering if Edge somehow imposing itself on Money rather than letting IE in? Seems impossible to uninstall Edge.

Any ideas?

William.

pear_guitarist

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Re date formats, I have an ongoing issue trying to get Money (v11) back to displaying dates in dd-MMM-yy or dd-MMM-yyyy formats, despite checking and updating every conceivable date format option in W10. Strangely, the date format displays correctly (i.e. following the W10 short date format I select e.g. dd-MMM-yyyy) under Forthcoming Bills and Deposits on account pages, but not within the account transaction dates or indeed anywhere else, where they all display as d-M-yy. Utterly frustrating! Could this be a registry setting issue? I can find nothing anywhere that would explain this, and no reference to this issue elsewhere on the net.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigorplux