How can I fix my surface? (Screen flashing, can't click or open app, all after windows 10 upgrade)

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago and things seemed to be working okay. Not perfect, but my computer was still working. Today, I was in the middle of an update when the screen started flashing on it off and everything stopped. So I restarted my computer. Unfortunately, that didn't help. Now, I've tried turning it on and off, restarting and every time it logs in.. All it can do is flash. I can't click any apps or programs. How can I fix this?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago and things seemed to be working okay. Not perfect, but my computer was still working. Today, I was in the middle of an update when the screen started flashing on it off and everything stopped. So I restarted my computer. Unfortunately, that didn't help. Now, I've tried turning it on and off, restarting and every time it logs in.. All it can do is flash. I can't click any apps or programs. How can I fix this?

What type of Surface do you have?

Assuming you have a Surface 3 or any of the Pro versions, I'd try a refresh.

Instructions can be found here: Restore or reset Microsoft Surface Pro or Surface 3 | Surface factory settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen