How can I create new photo albums and merge albums in new Windows 10 photos app?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 and I love the new look. I went on the new Photos app and after fiddling around with the app I now want to know how to merge folders/albums so that similar photos that are in the same folder. I would also like to know if it is possible to create a blank folder/album.

WharncliffeOwl

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Me too - but after playing around with it for a while I discover that you cannot create your own albums. The app creates the albums itself based on dates individual photos were taken and then lumps the photos together in the albums based on these dates. You cannot add to these albums yourself, I.e. you cannot move photos to and from these albums of your own free will. The app will only let you add to an album from a list it suggests for you. It created an album for me yesterday but only added 5 photos from 17 I took yesterday so I had to manually add the missing 12 myself via the apps add button. Why all 17 were not added to begin with I have no idea. You can rename an album by selecting it and clicking on the pencil icon. But basically it's pretty useless.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap