Why am I receiving a Windows 10 error (0x80070020) while trying to update my Lumia Icon?

W

WPCentral Question

I am receiving windows 10 error (0x80070020) while trying to update my Lumia Icon.

The error occurs after first initializing the either the "Insider Slow" or "Insider Fast", and allowing for the initial, first update to install. The set-up installation for the Insider TP completes its installation no problem. The second update which is the windows 10 update downloads the required files, goes through the installation process, then gives the error " (0x80070020). ..and something like "We are unable to install the update right now. Please try again later."

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a work around, or should I discontinue the Insider Program for now so my phone doesn't work itself to death every night trying to make the install? Thank you.

Automaticman1

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying to install it on my Icon for the last two days and keep getting the same 0x80070020 error as well. I've deleted a ton of apps and photos so I should have plenty of room for the install. Is this something common with the Icon?

Athanville

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
You can check the region of your phone. Is it correct or not. And in addition to that, check the language you have selected. The regional language and phone language must be same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos