Lumia 735 Will I be able to sync my Outlook Contacts wtih this phone..just ordered it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 735 Will I be able to sync my Outlook Contacts wtih this phone...just ordered it

I've had multiple problems syncing my Outlook Contacts with my old phone, a HTC Touch Pro 2. I know. OLD technology but, I kept the phone because of my $30/mo plan with Sprint. But, frustrations got the best of me and I went ahead and ordered a Windows Lumia 735 from Verizon, today.
Will I be able to sync Outlook on my Desktop with this phone?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 735 Will I be able to sync my Outlook Contacts wtih this phone...just ordered it

Not enough information.
Version of Outlook
Do you have a Hotmail, live or outlook.com account to use on your phone? This is a must have.
Is this the account you have on desktop outlook?
If not you will have to export your desktop outlook contacts and import into your Microsoft account.
Then add the phone account to desktop outlook to keep calendar, email and contacts on desktop outlook.

The sync will not be directly to Outlook. It goes from the phone to your Microsoft account online and to the desktop.

GadgetGal66

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
It depends if you want to sync with the cloud or directly between phone and PC. If the cloud, use Outlook.com. If PC, you'll need third party software. The best one depends on your needs. Do you want to sync with other devices? Do you want to sync automatically or manually? (USB would be manual.) Do you want to sync with your Windows Phone's own calendar and contacts apps? Personally, I use AkrutoSync as it allows me to sync with my many devices without going through the cloud or adding apps to my phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the cloud Outlook is more powerful and universal now. Give it a try. I'm in cloud Outlook all day every day. Browser, desktop/tablet/phone apps. It's all there, all the time, all consistent.

I'm an old dog, but the cloud is teaching even me some new tricks. :winktongue:

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lumia 735 Will I be able to sync my Outlook Contacts wtih this phone...just ordered it

The easist way is to add your contact via the people hub app to your outlook/hotmail account, not your simcard. Then transfereing all your outlook contacts via your outlook/hotmail account to your new windows phone device or windows 10 mobile device is easy peasy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium