Can I get help transferring contacts from a very old Sony Ericsson to Microsoft Lumia?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

transferring contacts from very old Sony Ericsson to Microsoft lumia prblems

Hi, I have finally persuaded my husband to move on from his 10 year old Sony Ericsson non smart phone to a lumia. The Bluetooth connection won't send contacts across. Photos were accessed ok. And the phones have different sim sizes. Tried to connect old phone to PC but it won't see the contacts file. Just the pictures. Also tried a Sony Ericsson PC manager but that won't even see the phone.
Does anyone have any ideas? Will we just have to type everything in!

Thanks jimbim

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: transferring contacts from very old Sony Ericsson to Microsoft lumia prblems

Hi, I have finally persuaded my husband to move on from his 10 year old Sony Ericsson non smart phone to a lumia. The Bluetooth connection won't send contacts across. Photos were accessed ok. And the phones have different sim sizes. Tried to connect old phone to PC but it won't see the contacts file. Just the pictures. Also tried a Sony Ericsson PC manager but that won't even see the phone.
Does anyone have any ideas? Will we just have to type everything in!

Thanks jimbim

There really is not a fast way of doing it, make sure the contacts are saved to the phone and on windows in the file browser setting tick show hidden files, it might come up, but by the looks of it your going have to spend time putting back in all the contacts, once you done that it will save to the cloud and you will never have to worry about it again

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
No, don't just type everything in.

Your best bet would be using simcard, a new one, Lumia-sized simcard with an adaptor, so it will fit on SE as well. Plug it into SE, copy all contacts, plug it back to Lumia, import, done in less than two minutes.

That's the fastest way I can think of.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs