How do I set up sync settings for an outlook.com account?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I did not have an outlook.com account when I first set up my phone. I have one now, and I'm trying to set up the Outlook app, but I need to know what sync settings to use. I keep getting an error code 0x80072ee7.

unfriendlymoose

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello, can you tell us what specific phone you are using? Are you trying to sync your Outlook.com, with the Outlook app on your phone?
When setting up your Outlook.com email address through the Outlook app on your phone it shouldn't require any manual server settings and you'll be able to set syncing preferences after the account is logged in through the application's settings.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I did not have an outlook.com account when I first set up my phone. I have one now, and I'm trying to set up the Outlook app, but I need to know what sync settings to use. I keep getting an error code 0x80072ee7.
In worst case, simply reset your phone to factory defaults. As you stated, you didn't set up a Microsoft account to begin with, so, this can't be too much of a hassle? You can perform a reset under SETTINGS -> ABOUT -> RESET YOUR PHONE

Once your phone is reset, it will be just like when you bought it and you will be prompted to enter your Microsoft account information during first time setup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoresAdrowe