Make Mapquest default nav in Windows 10?

W

WPCentral Question

Is there a way to make MapQuest the default search engine so that when I ask Cortana for directions she tells me from Mapquest as I drive?
Cortana seems to only intermittently give me directions, and frequently the default answer is a map I must not only look at but know exactly which direction I am going, which is not always that easy when you're turned around someplace you've never been. Mapquest always worked well for me, but I can't get Cortana to give me directions using Mapquest, despite having installed the app. I don't see any place in settings to set default app for navigation, so it just goes directly to ATT Navigator, which asks me to pay for an upgrade before showing a map.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In your App list long press the ATT Navigator App name and select uninstall. That solves part of the problem...

So far as I know only Maps or Here can be your default navigation. In the US, Here has never failed me. It also orients to your direction quite easily. Tap the location symbol and it will toggle through options including rotating the map to meet your orientation.

To check your settings got to Settings > swipe over from System to Applications > tap maps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap